Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .22 LR Conversion for 6920

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just checked all mine and there is movement in the pin as it is a "push" pin. I can easily push it flush. All were slightly backed out. None caused any scoring.
    Is yours a new Evolution bolt or the older stainless bolt?
    Where did you buy it?
    Dave N
    Last edited by shadow65; 02-27-12 at 20:09.
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score
    From all that I heard, I was extremely shocked to have had such a run-in with CMMG. I also have never heard anything bad about these guys, and was shocked to have met such resistance to a simple exchange. All they kept telling me was how it looked to spec and how it was normal, but no one really offered any insight as to why it might be scoring out the inside of a mil-spec AR-15 receiver. I even was eventually put through to a manager since I felt that I wasn't getting and responses or respect out of the regular customer rep.

I purchased the bolt from CheaperThanDirt, and it does not look to be an evolution bolt. It is stainless, although it almost looks to be a hybrid of the current alpha and bravo bolts. It is missing the aluminum bushing of the bravo but it is almost identical in almost every other manner I can find...even has the appropriate markings in the metal to allow the forward assist adaptor. When the bolt is closed, you can push the pin down a very small ways, but once you cock it, it pops back up, because there is apparently a divet in the rail that likely has something to do with the magazine or feeding process. It just seems to ride extremely high. Others have shown pics that looks similar, but they claim that they aren't seeing any marks.

I'm sorry if it seems like i'm slamming a good company, but this is my first experience with them and they just feel like they are shugging me off with a lot of this.

Thanks for the insight, Shadow...appreciate the feedback.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The rear of the rail would be notched for a forward assist block and would only be available on the Evolution.
    The bolt would also have a cotter pin holding the firing pin.
    I'm not sure who you spoke to but Chris is who you need to speak with. Tell him Dave told you to give him a call.

Feedback Score
    i've been speaking with a Tyson, although i might try just giving them a call since it takes almost 3 days to hear back from them on average. I'll keep your name at bay Dave. Thanks again for the replies.

As for the bolt, I do have the cutout for the forward assist, and also have the firing pin held in place by a cotter. I don't have a brass bushing up by the neck of it, but otherwise it does somewhat resemble the evolution bolt.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That is the Evoloution bolt. Chris handles customer service, or at least he did. There have been so many changes at CMMG lately, I can't keep up.
    I've done testing for them for over two years and now when I call, I don't even know who I'm talking to.
    Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12