Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does no one make an A1 handguard?

Feedback Score

Why does no one make an A1 handguard?

I looked for some on line and was only able to find original ones. I think they look cool so im putting them on rifle but would rather have some modern material. Also the place I found them doesnt send you any type of notification when they are shipped or any way to track the package.
    Last edited by TheNegativeOne; 05-26-16 at 08:08.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Lack of demand and market has not run out of M16A1 takeoffs.

Feedback Score
    They showed up today. Man, they are cool. To me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm looking for another set for a build, where did you get yours from, and what sort of shape are they?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I'm looking for another set for a build, where did you get yours from, and what sort of shape are they?
    They look excellent no cracks or scratches but they have a little rust on 2 of the pins holding the holding the plastic to the aluminum. Sherluck defense industries. Last time i checked they still had some.

Feedback Score
    Ok. I just looked, still in stock. Sherluck.com you wont get an email confirmation or tracking number but mine showed up in 4 days.
    Last edited by TheNegativeOne; 05-26-16 at 18:38.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How durable are A1 handguards? Also, how comfortable are they? Been thinking about a set of Ironwood furniture for a "New Vegas Service Rifle" clone, but I'm still iffy on the whole thing because I've never actually even seen an A1 set in person, much less held, much less used any...
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've fired my share of A1's and I prefer the flat bottom profile on the A1 handguard to the round profile of the A2 style for shooting service rifle competition.

If someone made new reproductions, I would buy a set.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    How durable are A1 handguards? Also, how comfortable are they? Been thinking about a set of Ironwood furniture for a "New Vegas Service Rifle" clone, but I'm still iffy on the whole thing because I've never actually even seen an A1 set in person, much less held, much less used any...
    They aren't as durable as A2 hand guards. They stopped using them because they would break and a different left and right were needed. I've had many get the "teeth" broken off and crack.

I personally prefer a round profile but the triangle shape isn't bad.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If a company brought back the design, but incorporated a bit of metal reinforcement (like Glock does with their magazines) and modern polymers, would that maybe solve the "broken teeth" issue?

Not intending to knock Magpul's MOE guards, but they just don't have that... look.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast