Thread: AR trigger grease

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

AR trigger grease

I just bought a very lightly used LMT 2 stage trigger and am about to install it. All the previous threads seem to recommend AeroShell grease #6 or Mobil #28. I have two questions:

1. Obviously the pins should be greased. How about the contact points on the sear and hammer? Many other posts, including the famous "15 minute trigger job" floating around, suggest polishing these surfaces. Wouldn't grease inhibit this polishing? I am in no way going to stone or polish anything, and I can stand less than "baby butt" smoothness until it breaks in - not a bench rest guy. And I'm not going to send it to Springfield or anyone else. I just want to install it once, the best it can be, and go shoot it.

2. The 2 greases above seem a) pricey and b) come in a big tube. Can a good Moly lube/paste from an auto parts place give just as good results? If not, anyone know where I can find a small tube (like comes with the Geisselle)?

I try to be a no voodoo guy - bore snake, clean with Hoppe's elite and lube with Mobile 1 - and don't want to add anything to the KISS routine unless really needed. Thanks for any advice.
    Last edited by bananaman; 06-16-11 at 18:15.