Thread: Am I Crazy?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Am I Crazy?

So I have been a bit let down by my recently attained P30L V3 in a few regards, you know the standard trigger quality complaints, lower cap mags than comparable 9mm autos, and fitment issues I had with an exceptionally loose back strap (good news is that H&K customer service was helpful, but still even allowing for some error in the production of polymer pieces there was far to much wobble to the point of an audible and tactile "click" back and forth with barely a poke, however Sam at H&K took care of it and now my small back strap fits like its molded on, just as the large always did), The side panels are a little looser than I'd like but to be honest they do not bother me. Also a noticeable lack of aftermarket support/availability, due probably to the firearms age and presence on the market. Overall it has left me less than enthusiastic about it, though it performance and seeming reliability is nothing short of the H&K reputation.
    Now this is were I start to question my own sanity, I have had Sig p226 lust for quite some time, but have abstained due to the proverbial shitstorm they have cause with their quality as of late. However the appears to be a variant of their new "German" line of P226's that is a German manufactured Stainless slide, with standard contrast sights and the new "E2" grip (which i prefer due to my ego boosting small hands). Now this partially alleviates the concern that there would be problems with the quality of the frame/barrel/slide. It seems like the package suited to what I would want.
    I think its clear where I am going with this, though I am invested in the P30L (spare mags, safariland, initial loss on selling), I am considering if this new p226 variant might be more along the lines with what I am looking for. A few other things have been weighing in on the situation however, I know that the 226 is likely crammed with the mim internals that appear to be making Exeter (in)famous despite its quality body, but the 226 platform has things I do like such as available .22lr and airsoft facsimiles for cheaper familiarization and drawing/drills. There is also a larger availability of aftermarket support (including higher cap mecgars) and the price available to me for this New German variant is dangerously close to what I could pull out of the P30L system I tried to get behind.
    Thank you for your time if you managed to read my little self imposed dilemma, and thanks in advance for any input you would have on the whole shebang, I still have a huge urge to make the switch, but there are parts of me that want to dismiss Sig as an option due to their issues and another part that really thinks I should just stick with the P30.

P.S. I forgot to put the "(P30L to Sig P226)" in the title, totally spaced out on that Not sure If i can edit it myself as I cannot find a way
    Last edited by Black goat; 08-30-11 at 13:55. Reason: Title is far to vague