Thread: What kind of 700 is this?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

What kind of 700 is this?

I came across a Remington 700 at a gun shop today that I think is a 700P, but I'm not sure. I've never seen one in person. I wish I could have taken pictures, but since I didn't buy the gun the shop wouldn't allow it and I wasn't willing to make a $900 gamble. I asked if it was a 700 or a 700P and they asked me what a 700P was, so no headway there.

The barrel had a matte black finish similar to an SPS tactical. It was a 308, 26 inch barrel. Did not have the X-mark trigger (no adjustment screw on the trigger face, and the trigger face was not smooth, it had lines on it). Definitely did not have the hogue stock that the SPS has. The stock seemed like it was fiberglass, similar profile to the HS Precision (haven't seen one of those in person, either), and had two sling swivels up front. Price as $900. Barrel just said Remington 700 and 308 Win, no mention of twist rate or 700P.

Does this sound like a 700P? I always thought the 700P would have a little nicer finish than this. Other than the stock and trigger, this looked like a regular run of the mill Remington.
    Last edited by 125 mph; 12-28-13 at 12:25.