Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
The rear bag is just one important aspect for providing proper stability. The proper use of a front support, along with shooter technique/body positioning are equally as important when driving a rifle in a precision capacity (prone supported position). Combining all three aspects will allow one to completely control the rifle's movements, and thus stay on target.

The stock 16" CL MWS is a very unforgiving rifle to say the least, and requires much more attention to detail in regards to loading the bipod properly, and positioning of the shooter's head & body. Getting the rear bag portion of the equation correct is the easist aspect, and usually falls into place once the shooter gets properly squared behind the rifle with their head in the proper position, and loads the bipod correctly.

So my suggestion would be to make sure your body/head positioning is correct, and your bipod is loaded properly first, and then see if you still find the rear bag aspect to be the culprit of your problems.

When using the rear bag effectively, one should only have to use subtle movements, or squeezes of the bag to bring the cross hairs onto the target. Place your rifle on target first, then position yourself squarely behind the rifle. Next apply a load to your bipod, and lastly use very subtle movements to your rear bag for final positioning.

Don't get discouraged because as I said above...a stock 16" MWS is a man child to deal with, and really demands proper technique to control it fully. With some patience, and practice....it can certainly be mastered.
EXCELLENT info, sir. I plan on buying the 16" CL, then an 18" SS later on down the road.

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom