Quote Originally Posted by yellowfin View Post
Biggest problem is see with Keltec rifles always seems to be grotesque lacking of production levels--like one actual rifle for every 20-50+ printed page ads for them.
They can pump out sometimes. For instance the KSG has something around 50k units produced. They're a high margin product and they sell.
I don't think we see a lot of the PMRs, or RFBs because the demand is soft at KT's price points, and they're making better margins devoting shop time to other products.
Let's face it, we all want to SEE some funky .308 bullpup. But few people are going to put down 1800 for it with KT's name on it. There are too many substitutable products at lower prices. You could theorize that the production of rifles such as the RFB or re-engineered products like the PMR serve as tools to improve the public perception of the brand, and to generate notice in press postings. Arguably it's been successful. They have gone from being considered one step above Bruce Jenning's toys, to "oh, they come up with such great engineering ideas, they just need to boost their manufacturing." And they make a lot of claims about their process improvements. But I don't think RFBs, PMRs, and possibly even KSGs were expected to sell in huge volumes. I think they had a hit with the shotgun, but overall these were ways to show they weren't the junk gun manufacturer many people perceived them to be. They try to think out of the box because they have to as a marketing strategy for their tried and true low cost pocket pistols.