I have always liked the Mk12. I like the idea of a precision AR. There were some things that I did not like about it or just wanted to change. This project has taken about two years and I am still not finished. Here is what I came up with.

Upper:
- Rainier Arms Upper (came as a Matched upper & lowers set)
- Noveske 1/7 twist 18" Rifle Length Gas, turned down under the hand guard, with a Switch-Block and black Cerakote
- AAC 51T Break
- Young Mfg National Match Bolt Carrier Group - Full Auto
- Vltor/BCM Charging Handle with Mod 4 (MEDIUM) Latch
- LaRue 12.0 Rail with Index Clips and AFG
- Harris Bipod with LaRue QD Mount
- Troy Front Sight
- KAC 600 M rear Sight
- LaRue SPR Mount
- Leupold VX-R Patrol 3-9x40
- AAC SND-6

Lower:
- Rainier Arms Lower (came as a Matched upper & lowers set)
- Colt LPK
- LMT Ambi Selector
- Timney 3 lbs Single Stage Skeleton Trigger
- Egro Grip
- MagPul Trigger Guard
- Colt A1 Buttstock, Tube, spring, and buffer
- Troy M16A4 Sling Mount
- Moleskin on stock

Lots and lots of Spray Paint.

Now for the long part, the WHY:

The entire rifle is based around the barrel. I wanted a Noveske Barrel, they are the best AR Barrels around for accuracy and longevity. That issue has been beat to death so that is all I will say about it. I did want a rifle length gas system because of how smooth they shoot with rifle buffer system. That posed a problem seeing how John hated that system. So, I had to get with Wes at MSTN to get the barrel that I wanted. As far as I can tell they are the only ones that I know of that have the Rifle Gas system Noveskes. I wanted a Switchblock because I plan on shooting both with and without the can. On all of my other ARs I don't used one but I figured that with this being a purely precision rifle it may help. Wes was great and I got the barrel exact barrel I wanted. I can't say enough good things about MSTN.

Some of the part are just because I had them or I like them. The Upper and Lower were a matched set I got that have no play what so ever. That was what I was looking for in those parts. I have had very good luck with Young Mfg BCGs on precision guns in the past so I stayed with them. I went with the LaRue rail because it is my favorite rail and I do not think that there is a better one out there. I have currently have 6 different LaRue rails and I have never had an issue with any that I have owned. I like single stage triggers on my ARs. For my precision shooting I like Timney the best. It feels the crispest and has the least amount of creep. I used a Colt LPK because I had one on my parts bin and it came with the A1 Stock set. I replace all of the selectors and triggers so no issues there. I have ambi selectors on almost all of my ARs because I shoot both left and right handed, and my wife shoots left handed. I have BUIS on all of my ARs no matter the purpose, that is just the way I am.

I go back and forth with my cans. I mostly use the SND-6 but I have also tried my Mini4 and like that a lot. Not sure which one I am going to dedicate to this rifle.

I have the Leupold VX-R Patrol 3-9x40 on it right now. This scope was never going to be a permanent optic for this rifle. It went one about two years ago. To be honest I really like it on this rifle. The glass is very clear and the fire dot is truly daytime visible. I am going to get a different scope for it with more magnification but I still have not figured what I want to put on it.

Last but not least, the moleskin. I like texture on my face and it helps me get back to the same spot on the stock every time. I also got used it it on my stocks in Afghanistan so my facial hair would't be pulled on my stocks. I hated that.

How it Shoots:

I have 750 rounds through it. Most of the ammo is MK262 or Hornady 75 gr BTHP Match. I have fired some M855 just to see how it would do and to record my DOPE. With the Rifle Gas and the Rifle Buffer it is the smoothest AR I have ever shot. I love the feel. I have had no malfunctions to this date. I have done a 60 round fast fire as a reliability test and still not one issue came up. (I would not call it a pure mag dump as I was still keeping it on target and just trying hit a man size silhouette target at 100 meters. The longest I have had it out to is 300 meters. I need to find a longer range to get it out there. I want to get it out to at least 700 meters when I get some different glass on it.

As for groups I have had my best with MK262. I can't find my photos of my groups so I am not going to even say anything about them. Because I do not want to get into any type of conversation with the internet "trolls". I do have them logged so PM me if you are interested.

Let me know if you have any questions.