I am researching a new bolt gun and wasn't sure if there was a brand I should be looking into. The main purpose will be my main hunting rig so I'd like to keep it on the lighter side and without all the tactical features (just a sling and a bipod). I have access to some land where I can shoot around 600 yards, maybe a little more so I'd like to ring steel on occasion at those distances but it's certainly not the primary use.

I was thinking about going with a 260 Remington because I like the accuracy, ballistics, and from what I hear it's a light shooting round. I was going to go with a 6.5 CM but the 260 seems to make more sense because I reload.

As far as off the shelf rifles, which are going to be the most consistently accurate? I am currently considering a Tikka T3x because they guarantee that it will shoot 1 moa. Is there another off the shelf rifle I should consider that isn't reaching custom pricing? I don't have a budget, I'm willing to save up for something nice if it's worth it but I don't want to spend custom level money right now (I would like to keep it under $2k without optics but any money I can save on the rifle will go into optics). What I really want is not needing to worry about a lemon from a company with less than stellar quality control (aka Remington).