Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
I did a quick sight in. 1"-1.5" at 50 yards using iron sights and 55gr reloads. Some groups might have been up to 2". It was cold, the windchill was getting to me and I was in a hurry, so maybe I'd do better with better ammo and more time. Attachment 43735

Also, I'm not good at pictures...
Don't sell yourself short. Irons are one thing. Shooting from inside a vehicle, on the other hand, isn't all that conducive to tight groups. Especially from the driver's side if you're a righty

Now, on a serious note, I'll be interested to see more reports on performance. Not just initial groups, but how it holds up over time. We've seen a lot of companies move away from chrome lining in favor of nitride/melonite/qpq/etc, but the jury still seems to be out longevity. The BFLV thread over on arfcom, which made even made its way over here a short while back, caused a bit of excitement with reports of a melonited barrel from HK keyholing after 10,000 rounds. While this one instance isn't statistically significant, it didn't help to quash claims that it's markedly inferior to chrome lining.

Keyholing is one thing, and the HK sample may truly be an outlier, but accuracy doesn't have to degrade to that drastic a point to become unacceptable. I'll be starting a build soon, and this barrel is definitely on the "list". The GUNNER from Faxon, who it seems makes the BRT barrel as well, is also an option. Reports clearly indicate both of those options make for very soft shooting rifles; with the BRT being on the exceptional end of that spectrum. Still, whether or not Nitriding is worth its salt (bath) is still up in the air.

Like with other components, the person/company doing the finishing, coating, treatment, etc. may be what actually matters. I tried searching this thread, but Clint didn't seem to provide any specifics on long term performance testing. Rightfully so, he instead discussed that much of this will be dependent upon application by the end user. While it's probably too soon for end user reports on the BRT, and assuming Faxon does build this barrel, anyone have higher round-counts on their Faxon tubes? Anyone planning to do accuracy degradation testing on the BRT?