Hi folks,

I am working on a build now, and have my eye on one of Criterion's chrome-lined barrels with a Wylde chamber. I take it as a given that the barrel will be insanely accurate and long-lived, and I am friends with a dealer who can guarantee to get me one that is 4150 instead of 4140. However, I want to hear from people who have one of these barrels how reliable they, with their Wylde chambers, are.

I know the conventional wisdom is that 5.56 NATO chambers are the most reliable, but not only have I read that a well-made Wylde is at least as, if not more reliable than the NATO spec (I have discussed this topic with Bill Wylde himself), if one looks at the actual chamber dimensions (my friend at Criterion provided me with the measurements and drawings for their chambers), all measurements but the throats diameter are actually looser than the 5.56.

The only real-life reliability issue of which I have ever heard with the Wylde chamber that had actually happened and is not just theory, is the issue of difficulty extracting and ejecting a live round. I gather that this problem only really occurs with cheaper barrels like the RRA, but I'm wondering whether it has happened to anyone with the Criterion barrels,

Basically, I am hoping people with first hand experience with Criterion's chrome-lined barrels with Wylde chambers can share their experiences with reliability.

Thanks!