Quote Originally Posted by sewvacman View Post
It seems to me that the idea that you have to put something up of equal value would not be in the spirit of a pay it forward theme. Some people might not have extra stuff of the same value, or in my case thought it ridiculous to spend 5$ S/H on a .75 cent screw. I personally have no problem with giving something up that is collecting dust to someone who needs it. Giving has it's own reward, all you can hope for is that some day the person you helped will be in a position to help someone else, and will. That is what pay it forward means to me anyway.
Yes there will be people who will always abuse the generosity of others. If you feel someone is doing this you can always just say no, you've gotten enough. What do you think Jostha2007? what was your intention?

I think starting a forum on this is a great idea.

That said I have 3 FDE Ergo 5 rail covers. I put them on and took them off my rail the same day as they were too short for my needs. If someone needs them let me know. I don't require you put something up, just that you won't sell them and/or will pass them or something else along if you no longer need it.
I'll take those rail covers. PM sent.