Thread: Ammo, best bang for your buck....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ammo, best bang for your buck....

So being an avid shooter I can say that when it comes to ammo I'm probably ranked right there with every other novice on the planet when it comes to selection. There are most likely 3 things that drive my needs and given the simple fact sometimes I just want to go sling some lead doesn't help the situation or me for that matter. So in order below here are the 3 rules that usually drive my purchases when my ammo is running low.

1. Price, yep its all about the mighty dollar and I want to get as much as I can for as little as possible.
    2. Availability, I do not want to drive 40 miles to save .13 cents per hundred rounds...really not that important to me and yes I know it goes completely against rule #1.
    3. Accuracy, this should probably be number 1 on the list because it usually means good ammo, clean ammo and gives me a good idea of how my weapon functions as well as myself but just like the majority of us I squeeze off the fist 10 do some measurements and some quick math and understand my super nice (AR,Bolt gun, pistol or whatever) ends up being in a 2-3 inch circle and I quickly surmise that at 100 yards (estimate) I could fill most anything full of holes and pretty much enjoy doing it.

So here's my question given the fact an ordinary person would have a tough time explaining to his significant other why he elected to spend $200 on bullets, if you could and need them what, kind would you purchase. Are we going for down and dirty quick and easy Wally World or are we going online to purchase something a little better?

So let's list them, who is the mfg, what kind are you buying and from whom are you purchasing from? And just like school show your work when you comment, why do you like it, what performance characteristics are you going to brag about .19 MOA my butt. So it really is BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK QUESTION!
    Last edited by feedthemlead; 04-10-18 at 19:22. Reason: corrections.