Thread: Favorite M4 Collapsible Stock Design and Why?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Favorite M4 Collapsible Stock Design and Why?

Being old school, most of my carbines have had the good ol' milspec stock since day one and I've never felt the need to change.

I ran across a Magpul CTR stock the other day and I must say I'm learning to like it.

--Solid lock up with the locking lever feature
    --Quick detach swivel aperture, plus slots for slinging a Vickers VCAS sling the way it was designed to be attached
    --Hard rubber butt plate (Although I shun anything rubber for not being durable, this plate is hard enough to withstand some use)
    --Thin but comfortable rear pad bladed to a thin profile to fit the shoulder pocket better
    --Protected actuating lever

The CTR specs as Magpul publishes them:

FEATURES

Mounts on mil-spec sized carbine receiver extension tube (not included) from manufacturers such as Colt, Armalite, S&W, LMT, and others (please see the note below)
    Supplemental friction lock minimizes accuracy robbing wobble*
    Sloping cheek weld combines a slim profile with user comfort
    Shielded release latch prevents snagging and accidental operation
    Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life
    Side mounting slots accept optional cheek risers for NON AR15/M4 applications
    Removable 0.30" Rubber Butt-Pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection
    Compatible with Magpul ASAP®, ASAP® QD and other receiver-mount sling attachments
    Sling Mounts
    Rear - Push-button QD swivel sling mount accommodates up to 1.5" swivels (ambidextrous)
    Rear/Bottom - 1.25" sling loops
    Toe - Lanyard hole for custom para-cord rigs
    https://www.magpul.com/products/ctr-...stock-mil-spec

I am NOT a fan of the BCM Gunfighter stock. (In fact it's what got traded for the CTR stock. The Gunfighter stock came with a BCM lower I ordered, and I quickly learned to hate it).

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...-mod-0-blk.htm

Why I hate the gunfighter stock: Although it's comfortable when deployed the actuating lever on my example was so stiff my girlfriend couldn't even operate it and I found it excessively hard to squeeze enough to slide the stock.

So, for me at least, it's Magpul CTR stock for the win.

What's your choice?
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 05-16-18 at 14:44.