I've had this gun for about 2 weeks now, FDE M&P45c...and have 108 trouble free rounds through it. When dry-firing (or when performing a press-check as that is virtually what I'm doing all the time when dry-firing), unless I walk the slide all the way forward, it wants to catch and not return completely to battery, as shown in my crappy pic here:

This does not occur whatsoever when firing, so I'm not extremely concerned about it...but it does seem unusual to me. I can put my thumb on the back of the slide and it will go all the way forward. I dry-fire with a single snap-cap in the chamber and an empty mag in the gun, but the problem doesn't seem to occur without the snap cap.

Neither of my other M&Ps exhibit this behavior (M&P9 and another 45c, this one black with no safety). Swapping the top ends of the 45s seems to remove the problem with both the FDE's frame and original slide (i.e. with the slides swapped, neither gun has the problem).

When removing/reinstalling the slide on the FDE, the rails/locking block seems pretty snug. It's slightly more difficult to get the slide on or off of the frame on the FDE gun.

Thoughts?