Had a most pleasant range day with my girl. Ive been ill for some time now and am trying to venture out on pretty days when I can. So, we went down the road to a private range out in Gods country.
We sat for a long time and talked, I actually fell asleep in the very brisk wind. But we shot a few hundred rounds too.
So- her PPQ. I had forgotten what an awesome pistol that is. If there is a better DAO trigger on the market I aint felt it. I picked it up for the first time in over a year and the first shot hit the deck..I had forgotten how light it was. I had to stop & dry fire the thing a few times. Very accurate, been 100% reliable. Ergo's on the gun are AWESOME. I really love that pistol. If it were only slightly slimmer up top, it would "perfect", but I can easily live with it as is.
We shot 124+P Gold Dots, some 124+P HST, 115 range and I shot about 250 rounds of Winchesters M1152 Active Duty Ammo. Very spicy in both guns, especially the Shields. But hard hitting at 50 yards. From a seated but unsupported position, on a standard sized steel target..my aiming point was at 5:00 edge of target for a center hit, with my Shield. A high thorax aiming point got center hits with the PPQ. Moving to 20 or so yards, back to dead on center mass with my Shield. We both made a lot of 50 yard shots in very stiff wind, like it was blowing our chairs over the second you got up.
Another thing about the PPQ..the slide is very easy to rack for ladies or anyone with a weaker grip. If I werent already geared up for Glocks..it would be my new pistol of choice. Very underrated piece, imo.
My girl loves it & shoots it well.
Anyone else have one? Thoughts?