So I’ve decided my next AR is going to be a Sons of Liberty Gunworks 13.7 or 14.5. I wanted a general purpose rifle with either a T2 and a magnifier or an Eotech and a magnifier. I understand that both of these guns from SOLGW are running mid length gas systems and each have a pin and welded Knox muzzle device made by them to take you to the legal length without NFA paperwork. Obviously the 13.7 mid length has less dwell time than the 14.5 mid length, but my understanding is that because of this, the gas port on their 13.7 guns is actually bigger than the gas port on their 14.5 guns and this is obviously due to the shorter dwell time. Mike has a video on YouTube somewhere and explains all of this. I understand that SOLGW rifles are designed to be hard use guns, but if I had to go with one over the other, can I get some feedback on which barrel length would be the recommendation for a hard use, do all, end of the world for lack of better terms rifle? With the bigger gas port will the 13.7 run just as long as the 14.5 before failure? I like how compact the 13.7 is, but it’s only .8 inches shorter. And that .8 inches is probably noticed more in dwell time than the overall length of the gun. What do you guys say? SOLGW 13.7 or 14.5 for a hard use gun? Pros and cons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk