Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
Remember all those foreclosures during the housing crash? When the owners finally got moved out, sometimes it took more than a year for the bank to get around to even looking at the house and plenty of homeless people moved in usually with some BS story about renting from the owner. All they need is a piece of mail with his name on it and claim they were renting to own in cash.
Ah, the mail with deadbeats name is a nice touch.

A recording (offsite) video system would allow you better piece of mind and show when the people actually started living there.
Lights on timers, or maybe even a nest system of lights to give the look of someone living there.
Having someone to clear off all those fliers people leave on your door. I think some of these are to see who and how fast they get removed for possible targets.
Have someone else there when the police show up that has a ‘lease’ from you so there are dueling claims.

Wouldn’t want to actually have to shoot people, but considering the castle defense laws- and the damage that someone can do to your house, not to mention the cost of other living arrangements, plus legal- it might end up being cheaper. These people have ZERO interest in keeping the place up, and every fixture and piece of copper will be GONE by the time you get the property back.

Lady on next door was saying that it should be illegal for people to have two houses when there are homeless people.

I understand why we have the adverse property laws, especially around the 7 year mark. It helps to smooth over issues around poor surveying or other issues. But that is more in the realm of no one realized the issue, so no real harm. But these aren’t the same thing. It does seem that these people could be charged with fraud and then destruction of property and at least do time, (ha, ha I know).