Thread: Civil War-- New Movie- You see this

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    As far as the discussion here of a real civil war... to what end? Return to the good old days of denying women and minorities the right to vote? Return to a utopian society of Blue laws criminalizing conducting business on Sundays and criminalizing miscegenation? Get back to common sense gun control outlawing gun carry absent a special permit issued at the sole discretion of the sheriff? On and on and on...

I know it's popular to think in terms of Yesterday = Good, Today = Bad. Contrary to the notions of some, it's taken a lot of work and votes to liberate much of today's society from an anti-liberty yesterday. Be careful what you wish for.
    Well I for one would certainly not hope for or wish to have my life turned upside-down in my later years. My wife and I have worked our adult lives to have decent "stuff" and a somewhat comfortable life, no desire (if it was avoidable) to be scraping for food and have no income while rotating guard duty on our property and house. That's not what I had in mind for my "Golden Years". However, que sera, sera as they say.

Having said that, it's easy to be critical of reminiscing for a return to the "good old days". Pretty sure no one would be advocating for revoking the voting rights of women or minorities, or for the return of Jim Crow laws; that's a broad-brush oversimplification.

How about this instead:
    1) the dismantling of the Federal Stasi we now have, power is decentralized
    2) minorities are treated the same as everyone else, no special carve-outs or excuses for shitty behavior (in other words no more "protected classes")
    3) the justice system actually punishes people
    4) a TIGHTLY controlled border and deportation of all illegal aliens (must do it the right way)
    5) no more aberrant freak agendas shoved down our throats as mainstream, stay in the closet
    6) a welfare system that is a security net, not a hammock to lay in for life
    7) if we absolutely HAVE to go to war we crush the enemy and leave them in ruins, no more "nation building"
    8) this country comes first, and all foreign aid is used as leverage (do what we want or you don't get shit)
    9) fair, transparent, and unquestionable elections

I think those would be good goals for any "new society", but I doubt it would turn out like that. Soooo, let's avoid it if at all possible.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 04-17-24 at 13:11.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!