Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: EFFIN Hammerhead Barricade Support Device

ares armor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dhrith View Post
    Had some more ideas last night after I posted, which is funny because I really don't particularly like this. ;p But can see how some guys shooting certain ways really would.

You could really take a nice bit of weight off this (At a SWAG I'd say 20-25%) by running a 1/2" end mill vertically through the head part or alternately making three drilled holes through it (hell of a lot cheaper buying/sharpening drills I suppose) and possibly one through the center of the body without weakening it much structurally and still keeping most of the textured area. I was also thinking about some cop trying to watch over a barricaded shooter situation for hours on end and what a pain in the ass that might be and thought it might be nice to add a 1/4"-3/8" lip at the top front edge so it would "rest" or catch a window sill for example and not actually have to be "held into it" to be ready at a moments notice for someone running out. Still keeps the original function but adds a sort of "rest" feature to it. Good luck with your project.
    Depending on how this one goes maybe will eventually make a Version 2 or something in the future. The client this was originally made for gave us a requirement of 5000 lb of direct pressure...

The Lip Idea is awesome and would be a great addition! Thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I get the concept, but half a pound on the end of a rail for something that won't see much use, and the cost on top of that... Maybe if it was polymer with a replaceable bolt-on aluminum or polymer knurled face, and cheap, I could see it's place in the market.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker View Post
    I get the concept, but half a pound on the end of a rail for something that won't see much use, and the cost on top of that... Maybe if it was polymer with a replaceable bolt-on aluminum or polymer knurled face, and cheap, I could see it's place in the market.
    Thats exactly what i was thinking. Would save so much $ and some weight. Also add some type of durable rubberized bottom for traction.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Really? Have you ever been in the military which is who I assume may have let the requirement? If so, then you should know that they aren't always frugal.

Can the price come down? Sure. I can foresee it just like the Fusil magazines that were 49.00 a pop when they first came out. Quite possibly after AA reviews some of the comments here they may make some adjustments and refinements.

Quote Originally Posted by wetidlerjr View Post
    That may well be but the price is simply too much.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Really? Have you ever been in the military which is who I assume may have let the requirement? If so, then you should know that they aren't always frugal.

Yes, USMC '66-'69 0311/7141

Can the price come down? Sure. I can foresee it just like the Fusil magazines that were 49.00 a pop when they first came out. Quite possibly after AA reviews some of the comments here they may make some adjustments and refinements.

I sure hope so.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

ares armor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wetidlerjr View Post
    At this point we are not able to even consider lowering the price. Trust me we would love for this thing to be under a $100 dollars.

It is machined from a solid chunk of aircraft grade aluminum and made 100% in the states.

This is a specialty item and we will not be producing thousands of these at a time. This limits our buying power and thus limits our ability to lower cost.

Unless this thing takes off in a direction that we are not expecting price is pretty much stuck were its at for the time being.

Having this produced over seas is not an option for us. We refuse to pay anyone that is not in the U.S. for labor. If other companies chose to support the Chinese economy that is their decision and we respect that. Our Company policies specifically prohibits it and we will not be changing that anytime in the future.

ares armor Guest
    In a couple of months we will be able to release exactly who this was originally made for and who is currently using it.

I promise you will be shocked haha.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    I don't understand why a large percentage of folks are $hiting on this thing. Most shooters will never need it, for some shooters it will probably help out in a very specific way and probably do so expectionally well. Made in America, by americans, machined out of big hunks of aliminum for a VERY small market, I can see the price where its at. Good luck Ares, looking forward to hearing who requested it.

ares armor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyboy333 View Post
    Thats exactly what i was thinking. Would save so much $ and some weight. Also add some type of durable rubberized bottom for traction.
    This device is intended to be repeatedly slammed in to different surfaces such as brick/wood/metal etc. We originally designed one that had a polymer body with a metal plate system. under simulated computer testing of the strength tolerances it failed to meet requirements that were set forth.

Because of the size of the market this is intended for an injection molded part would could have actually raised the end price of it. We would have to make up for the cost of tooling etc. average mold price for something like that could be around 10k.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    I don't understand why a large percentage of folks are $hiting on this thing. Most shooters will never need it, for some shooters it will probably help out in a very specific way and probably do so expectionally well. Made in America, by americans, machined out of big hunks of aliminum for a VERY small market, I can see the price where its at. Good luck Ares, looking forward to hearing who requested it.
    I don't think people are shitting on it at all. I think you have to expect on this board for people to look at things objectively and honestly and call it the way that they see it, especially when its in GD and not in the industry section.

It's a small niche market for this, but in theory you could expand that segment by offering a well thought out part that would appeal to a broader base. There are similar parts on the market that offer a bracketing system and that is what this is competing with, so discussion on price and versatility should be expected. This is nothing negative about AA as they certainly make some nice products.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast