Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Trunk Weapon?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just a Jarhead View Post
    perhaps I have my evil black rifle in the car because I was hoping to get some range time in today!
    Until Arkansas added a conceal law and a law to allow guns for protection on "journeys" the common practice to carry guns was to always be on your way to the range. Lots of guys kept a bag with glasses, targets, hearing pro and such in the truck at all times. If they got pulled over they were invariably on the way to a range or were going there after wherever they were currently headed

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omega21 View Post
    Why do you hate to shoot it?
    Have you ever shot an under folder? Your face gets beat to shit by the metal bar and the length of pull is slightly longer than most people like.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by monadh View Post
    As always, to each his own. Your experience leads you one way, mine another.
    This sounds far more baiting than I intend it to be, but I'd be curious to hear what your experience is with use of the gun you mention (including context of use). Also, why are you a proponent of a rifle caliber pistol, which offers all the liabilities but few of the benefits of either.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Romanian SAR-1 w/ a Hungarian 20 rnd Tanker mag in an appropriately "not a gun- don't bother stealing me" bag, Ace sidefolder, Ultimak w/ a Micro, old Chinese chest rig w/ 3X30.I live in a good neighborhood but it still comes in at night

I'd rather have the AR that is at the house, but the AK would likely get me home thru the riot if I do my part, plus it has a more voracious appetite for sheet metal & windshield glass.

By the way, as a part-time pro guitarist, I really am baffeled by guys who keep a rifle in a gig bag. In these parts, a thief would be at least as likely to steal an axe than a rifle - easier to fence & the usual victim is less likely to be a threat if the theft is interrupted. A gig bag is good cover if its actually on your shoulder, but its a great big STEAL ME when not under positive control.
    "The road to hell is paved with flip-flops" Claude Werner

How about a PS90? 50 round mag, drops brass at your feet, could be shot one handed if needed... It's very short, very quick handling, and easy to shoot well. Wish I still had one!
    Disclosure - I am the Founder of www.FusionWebArchitects.com and don't shoot for living. However, I do run websites for various companies by contract, including several in the firearms business. I also do product photography for some (like Maglula & Slidefire Solutions). Our clients include www.CrossbreedHolsters.com, www.LoessHillsTactical.com, www.Maglula.com, www.AccurateArmory.com and various FFLs. Pics at http://www.flickr.com/photos/owen-imaging

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I like my PS90 a lot. I'd be hesitant to rely on it as a trunk weapon, though. First off, it's expensive and I'd hate for it to be stolen. More importantly, though, there is ample reliable evidence that the terminal performance of the standard 5.7x28 offerings is sub-par. This would be especially problematic for situations where the need for penetrating barriers (i.e. auto bodies and glass) might be required.

I think a cheap folding AK, beater shotgun, or a lever-gun would all be better choices.

FWIW, I occasionally roll with an old Glock 22 in my vehicle as a supplement to my CCW. The G22 stays locked in a small steel handgun case which is cabled to a seat support. It's cheap, corrosion resistant, as theft resistant as I can make it, and relatively quick to get to. Plus, 46 rounds of 180gr gold dots should solve whatever problem I've encountered (or get me killed in the process ;-) ).
    Last edited by kerplode; 07-01-11 at 16:01.

Feedback Score
    IMO the locking compartment in the back end of a Jeep (if it's under the rear decking) is pretty safe from the average thief who would rummage through your car.

Around here its pocketable stuff like GPS's, change, computers and even purses/wallets that knuckleheads leave visible in their usually unlocked cars.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    Have you ever shot an under folder? Your face gets beat to shit by the metal bar and the length of pull is slightly longer than most people like.
    no, never fired on. Maybe it should stay that way...

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    Wrap it is 550 cord. I learned that from my terp......it works like a charm. I wrap the bar and the "but stock" with 550 cord and use a little hot glue to keep it in place.

And it looks really cool.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Wrap it is 550 cord. I learned that from my terp......it works like a charm. I wrap the bar and the "but stock" with 550 cord and use a little hot glue to keep it in place.

And it looks really cool.
    I've seen that as an option to the foam sleeve on the ACE stocks too. I've often wondered how well that would work out.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast