Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Quick look at Mayflower R&C "Low Profile Assault Carrier"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Can you comment on what you thought contributed to this, and what was different about the LMAC that made it less so?
    I didn't like all the sewn in padding, or the layering in the plate pockets in the P.I.G. Also, the P.I.G. is a one-size-fits-all system that seems to be made for large SAPI plates. I'm not a little guy or huge guy - 5'9" and 190 lbs - and the P.I.G. just seemed bulky to me.

The LMAC is more minimalistic - reminds me of an improved version of the old Paraclete plate carrier. Also, the mesh material that the plate pockets are backed with seems to add a thin bit of padding between the body and the plate without adding any bulk.

My guess is that the P.I.G. would stand up to more hard use, though. Also, the LMAC is closely tailored to fit certain size SAPI/ESAPI plates, so nonstandard plates may not work. The bigger plate pockets in the P.I.G. would give you more options... but you pay for that with a bulkier vest.
    Last edited by ashooter; 08-11-11 at 05:51.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    For size reference. I'm 6'3" 225lbs 46" chest and wear a suit coat 42L. I chose the Mayflower Low Pro (size Large) utilizing the Velocity Systems soft armor and their hard plates as well. The vest stops approximately 1" above my navel and upon initially wearing it seems to be "comfortable" and does not appear to impede any movement. I received it today and haven't had an opportunity to any type of shooting wearing the vest but my initial impressions are all very positive.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Irish,

Is that cummerbund made of cordura? I assume the elastic is under the rear flap, so it'll still give some when you move around, breathe, etc?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ashooter View Post
    Is that cummerbund made of cordura? I assume the elastic is under the rear flap, so it'll still give some when you move around, breathe, etc?
    Yes it is and yes they are. The cummerbund also has pockets for soft armor and side plates as well. When I ordered it I didn't know that and probably won't by the sides anytime in the near future. While the additional protection would be nice for guys in high security areas the price and additional weight would be a little bit cumbersome for my needs. I do like the looks of the cummerbund Dave L has with the molle attachments for mags and might be purchasing one in the future.

I'll take additional pictures later of the armor inserts and anything else you'd like to see.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Great looking KIT Irish.
    good choices.
    May it serve you well.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789