Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: New M&P Shield in 9mm & 40S&W

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MP9 View Post
    Thank you Jack..

how thin is it?

I was looking for a kahr cm9 these days.. but now I would have to way some more time to find it in a store..
    the grip size/heigh seems similar to the m&p9c, isnt it?

how it compare to the kahr cm9/pm9 ? how is the trigger? DAO?
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    Looking forward to width comparisons to the PPS and M&P9c. Very intriguing and a long time coming!

Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk
    It's similar to the LC9 in thickness and size, but a much better trigger and the gun feels solid not cheap like the LC9... notice the grip and what looks like a magazine sleeve, maybe for a shorter magazine..
    Jack C.
    cleaned up my gun list for Odie, hope this makes you feel better.. is my target ok? I
    can delete it too..

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    while a problem exists; it's nowhere near as common as some people make it out to be.
    Agree. I have mentioned to others before that it should be a requirement that you post a pic of a gun you shot well along with your "bad" M&P groups in order to have the posts remain.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo38gn View Post
    It's similar to the LC9 in thickness and size, but a much better trigger and the gun feels solid not cheap like the LC9... notice the grip and what looks like a magazine sleeve, maybe for a shorter magazine..
    Thanks, good to hear.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hard to say without an item in the picture to represent scale, but it looks a little bulkier than the LC9.

If it won't carry comfortably in my front cargo pocket, a single stack 9 mm doesn't do much for me. I can't wait to get my hands on one to see.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I was looking for something in that picture for a scale of reference. I noticed that the grip insert is "longer" than that of the compact pistols. It looked as if it's the same grip insert as the one from the full size pistol. I am hoping that the grip is longer than the compact. The circumference or thickness of the compact's grip was never an issue. Its circumference and thickness is actually the same dimension as that of the 1911. Making the grip thinner or smaller may be ruining the feel of the M&P. Sometimes you get past the point of diminishing returns by trying to make the grip smaller.

We shall see when this thing actually hits the store. Just because they're releasing it on 4/12 doesn't mean it will automatically show up at the stores at noon.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DWood View Post
    Hard to say without an item in the picture to represent scale, but it looks a little bulkier than the LC9.

If it won't carry comfortably in my front cargo pocket, a single stack 9 mm doesn't do much for me. I can't wait to get my hands on one to see.
    It's about the same width and size of the LC9, pocket carry is gonna be a little tentative..
    Jack C.
    cleaned up my gun list for Odie, hope this makes you feel better.. is my target ok? I
    can delete it too..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I was looking for something in that picture for a scale of reference. I noticed that the grip insert is "longer" than that of the compact pistols. It looked as if it's the same grip insert as the one from the full size pistol. I am hoping that the grip is longer than the compact. The circumference or thickness of the compact's grip was never an issue. Its circumference and thickness is actually the same dimension as that of the 1911. Making the grip thinner or smaller may be ruining the feel of the M&P. Sometimes you get past the point of diminishing returns by trying to make the grip smaller.

We shall see when this thing actually hits the store. Just because they're releasing it on 4/12 doesn't mean it will automatically show up at the stores at noon.
    The grip felt like a narrow FS M&P grip. much better than the comnpact. I liked it.
    Jack C.
    can delete it too..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo38gn View Post
    Is the trigger action the same as the full-size M&P's?

Turbo38gn:

Compare to the PPS?
    Disclosure - I am the Founder of www.FusionWebArchitects.com and don't shoot for living. However, I do run websites for various companies by contract, including several in the firearms business. I also do product photography for some (like Maglula & Slidefire Solutions). Our clients include www.CrossbreedHolsters.com, www.LoessHillsTactical.com, www.Maglula.com, www.AccurateArmory.com and various FFLs. Pics at http://www.flickr.com/photos/owen-imaging

Feedback Score
    Looks like we will know all the details on April 12th

Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast