Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: New M&P Shield in 9mm & 40S&W

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I also own a PPS 9mm. While the PPS is a great gun for it's intended purpose, there are things about it I'm not totally sold on. I will be trying the Shield. Unless my sample totally sucks, I can see it replacing the PPS as my BUG while at work.

I amy be the only person who kind of likes the safety. I'll never use it when carrying the gun. But there are times that my smaller (sub compact) guns get carried in unconventional places/methods for short periods. There are also times I temporarily have to place the gun in a drawer or glove box, ect. If loaned or given to a lady in my life, it may spend time in a purse. These are times when the option of a safety is nice to have.

I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to remove the safety lever is one choses to.

For those of you who are left handed, I can understand your frustration though.

Feedback Score
    I saw this on my Facebook page this morning. The gun looks pretty good in the videos. I might have to get one when they are in the stores. Buds have them for $398.

Here is a link for the S&W page. The gun will MSRP for $449.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...ayErrorView_Y#

Doc Williams
    U.S. Army Combat Medic/Flight Medic Retired
    1987 - 2013
    Flight Medic Class 4-95

http://www.dustoff.org/

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    There's also a $50 rebate on M&P handguns (minus the M&P.22) for all active/retired military.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonDoc View Post
    Buds have them for $398.
    Link?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    picked one up this afternoon..will be trying it out tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

S&W M&P9 SHIELD by ATEi

Much improved trigger now that I've gone over it.
    The stock trigger was very rough just like all M&P's. I smoothed it up and brought the weight down to 4 lbs and installed a set of Trijicon HD sights.
    Next is Serrations!

Doug Holloway
    ATEi

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    got mine! just got back from putting 200 rounds of 115gr. Wolf through it with nary a bobble. at first it would not take all 7 rounds in the small mag due to the steel case of the Wolf but that worked itself out. the 8 rounder accepted all 8.

this gun is crazy accurate with this ammo. I put 6 out of the first 8 rounds through the same hole, about three rounds in diameter at 25 ft. the first two rounds opened the group up to about 1 3/4". remind me not to wear my progressive lenses when I go to buy a gun...

I was firing slow fire due to the trigger being heavier than I'm used to but I expect it will loosen up some. break was very clean. seems very controllable rapid fire but my results were nothing to write home about.

gonna clean and lube it tonight and tomorrow I'll run it with my carry ammo and see how it does.

call me impressed...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    Nice. And what about the trigger reset? Similar to m&p FS? Or more like the others DAO pistol?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The one they had in display at the NRA meeting in St. Louis had a very, very heavy trigger.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP9 View Post
    Nice. And what about the trigger reset? Similar to m&p FS? Or more like the others DAO pistol?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk
    Similar to M&P reset, but with a definite audible click. Supposed to have the newer M&P trigger parts.

My trigger is really good, but can't wait for Apex to do a sear.

Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast