Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pmag 30rd jamming

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Pmag 30rd jamming

Hi, I have a problem with my pmags. I have 6 30 round pmags, all of which i have experienced jamming/binding. It seems like the 2nd round tries to jump around the 1st round. Pictures will illustrate it much better than I can:

This seems to happen when I have dropped a mag on the ground and try to reinsert it into the magwell and it will not seat, I can also repeatedly insert the magazine into the magwell and it will eventually (3-5 times) bind up and not seat.

Is this a common issue? I seem to hear nothing but good things about pmags. Should I contact magpul?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have close to twenty Pmags, never seen this issue (Have seen other issues occasionally. usually failure to lock back if I monopod off the mag at just the right angle), even with one a friend has that has been loaded since day one and shot once a month then reloaded to see if the feedlips would bulge.

How many rounds are you loading into the mag(perhaps you are overloading the mags with 31 rounds)? I suppose one could ask how old the mags are as well, and that might have an issue. The mag could be bulged I suppose, perhaps from being dropped while loaded.

Also, why were you dropping the mags on the ground loaded?

If the mags are old perhaps it is time to replace them and turn these into training mags.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I've seen that stoppage in pmags a few times. Can also happen when filling the magazine from stripper clips with a "speed loader" of some kind.
    At a minimum, check the round stack for movement before using a dumped mag.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Nope, never loaded more than 30. Actually the problem alleviates when spring pressure is increased, but when its gets around 20 rounds i can tap on the top of the magazine and the 2nd round will pop up causing it to bind.

It seems like the inner dimensions of the magazine are just oversized.

Feedback Score
    Are these from mags you've left loaded for extended periods w/o the feed lip protectors? I had the same issue (but worse) with more than one 20 round PMag that stayed loaded. Some of my always-loaded twenty's did similar, but did not have to be dropped first - just inserted into the magwell.

Never had that issue with the 30s, but any left loaded now include the cover to keep pressure off the lips.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    No. I have only left 2 mags fully loaded. and I left the feed lip protectors on those. These mags are a few months old, I havent shot 300 rounds out of these.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I had this same thing happen to me once on one of my FDE pmags. Only the once though. I marked the mag and have yet to have another problem out of it, I've used it many times just watching to see if it would do it again.

Feedback Score
    Could be that you got a batch of lemons. Send these pictures to Magpul and the may send you a few replacements.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Contact customer service and they will take care of you...easy day.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    ^^^^
    Beat me to it.
    Magpul has great CS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast