Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 22 question

Feedback Score

Glock 22 question

I have read majority of the glock extractor thread on this site that has talked about a very few instances of glock 22s malfunctioning. In those small cases, they were generation 4 glock 22s.

My inquiry is if the current production G22 generation 3 have the Btf and erratic ejection? I only ask because I want a primary weapon that does not have these issues as my G19s have. I'd rather have a weapon that works while waiting for Apex to release the 3rd generation 9mm extractor.

If the response yield that the G22 gen 3 are gtg, I will pick up a blue label immediately.

Thanks,
    Capt

Feedback Score
    It was the Gen 3 G22s and G23s that actually prompted the Gen 4 recoil assembly redesign. The Gen 3 G22s and G23s were experiencing serious malfunctions while fired with weapon mounted lights attached. If I was looking for a .40 cal Glock I'd go with a Gen 4.

To my knowledge the Gen 4 .40 cals do not have the extraction issues the 9mms do, or at least not nearly to the same extent.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 10-20-12 at 12:45.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    It was the Gen 3 G22s and G23s that actually prompted the Gen 4 recoil assembly redesign. The Gen 3 G22s and G23s were experiencing serious malfunctions while fired with weapon mounted lights attached. If I was looking for a .40 cal Glock I'd go with a Gen 4.

To my knowledge the Gen 4 .40 cals do not have the extraction issues the 9mms do, or at least not nearly to the same extent.
    That is what I figured with the gen 4 g22 issues. I was aware of the light problem with the gen 3s, but I don't plan on attaching a weapon mounted light on it for this reason.

I just don't like the gen4 frames and mag release as I am left handed and I do not wish to reverse the mag release for consistancy and training purposes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by captdreifus View Post
    That is what I figured with the gen 4 g22 issues. I was aware of the light problem with the gen 3s, but I don't plan on attaching a weapon mounted light on it for this reason.

I just don't like the gen4 frames and mag release as I am left handed and I do not wish to reverse the mag release for consistancy and training purposes.
    If that is the case then I am aware of no problems with the Gen3 G22s. I also am aware of many who have been issued Gen 3 G22s and had no troubles with theirs with or without a weaponlight.

That said if you were really interested in a .40, I would look at the M&P.... I am not a fan of how the round handles in the Glock system, but YMMV.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The Gen 4 22's and 23's have a more pleasant recoil impulse than the earlier gen Glocks in .40.

Gen 4 over Gen 3 in .40 is a no-brainer.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    If that is the case then I am aware of no problems with the Gen3 G22s. I also am aware of many who have been issued Gen 3 G22s and had no troubles with theirs with or without a weaponlight.

That said if you were really interested in a .40, I would look at the M&P.... I am not a fan of how the round handles in the Glock system, but YMMV.
    I wanted to stick with the glock full size platform since I previously owned a g17 that had horrible ejection problems and apex was not even on the horizon then. As a cost saving factor, I already own several holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    The Gen 4 22's and 23's have a more pleasant recoil impulse than the earlier gen Glocks in .40.

Gen 4 over Gen 3 in .40 is a no-brainer.
    I would go with gen 4 but the mag release chews up the top of my middle finger pretty good after a range session (rental gun).

So a gen3 g22 with no light is gtg?
    Last edited by captdreifus; 10-20-12 at 13:18. Reason: English problems.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've had two separate gen-3 Glock 22's run with a Glock light with ZERO issues.

Regarding the recoil impulse, I've heard of guys swapping the operating spring out for a dual-rate version which yielded great results. I have yet to try that out for myself.
    Last edited by CodeRed30; 10-20-12 at 13:32. Reason: Spelling
    OIF/OEF vet (Ramadi/Hit & Ghazni)
    Former Army infantry squad leader
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    NR-EMT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by captdreifus View Post
    So a gen3 g22 with no light is gtg?
    I would buy with confidence. I would also not be surprised if you found that it worked just fine with the WML of your choice.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I will. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    I have a Glock 22 Gen.3 that's been RMR'D and run a Surefire X300 and I have had no issues.
    Just thought I would chime in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast