Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shotgun pic thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    I have no camera, so it's an old pic of how it looked pre make over. Now it looks just as beat up, but has a few new features. To me, it's a natural 870. Beaten to hell, worn, and 100% reliable.

BTW, this is my only shotgun, and I will only have one other which is a 14" 870PM coming up in the near future. I love my 870 and I think it's fun, but scatterguns are nothing more than a novelty to me.
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Feedback Score
    Great pics guys. I need to get my camera up and rolling again. I have some nice scatterguns. I got a form 1 signed so its SBS time pretty soon. Not sure if I want to shorten a Benelli or a 870.
    Last edited by Boom; 09-13-06 at 14:18.
    Sad, that it takes someone else to tell you your life is worth protecting and that you are the one ultimately responsible for it.

Feedback Score
    Jeff you don't happen to have a pic of your shorty with a standard stock do you? That gun looks badass. What kind of rear sight is that?

Sad, that it takes someone else to tell you your life is worth protecting and that you are the one ultimately responsible for it.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Boom,

Standard Benelli sights. Purchased it back in 97 - 98 timeframe.

I don't have a pic of a standard stock on that gun. In fact I've been looking for a decent priced standard stock for the 18.5" Benelli.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC03
    Boom,

Standard Benelli sights. Purchased it back in 97 - 98 timeframe.

I don't have a pic of a standard stock on that gun. In fact I've been looking for a decent priced standard stock for the 18.5" Benelli.

How many rds does the shorty hold in the tube? I'm really thinking of buying one and having it cut down. I assume that is the Entry model they sell?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Old school baby! I need a leather butt cuff to really complete it.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom
    How many rds does the shorty hold in the tube? I'm really thinking of buying one and having it cut down. I assume that is the Entry model they sell?

The 14" is not a factory Entry model, this is my personal gun (I don't have any Department issued guns, all the guns that I post pics of are my personally owned firearms). They only sell the Entry model to Govt agencies.

The 14" started off as a 18.5" Benelli, I purchased a 14" factory Benelli barrel from R Guns or something like that (back in 98). After the BATF paperwork was approved, all I had to do was swap out the barrel.

The 14" holds 5 in the tube, 1 on the carrier, and 1 in the chamber (7 total).

The newer model benelli's don't hold a shell on the carrier like the older models do, but there is a modification that can be done to the newer benelli's to allow the extra round on the carrier.

As it stands now, the 18.5" only holds one more shell than the 14" (due to the shell on the carrier). I plan on getting the mod done to the 18.5", just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Take care and stay safe,
    Jeff

Feedback Score
    My plain jane working 870. I have had this one for a few years. Its starting to get some real use now, so I need to revamp it.

Remington 870 Express Magnum
    Factory 18" magnum barrel - 3"
    Speedfeed 13" LOP stock and fore end
    Daniel Defense Burnsed Loop for th Gear Sector ASP single point sling
    Wilson Combat / Scattergun extension
    Six round side saddle

I want to make some changes, but it does go bang every time.

Feedback Score
    Nice Model 12, HeadHunter.

The Take-downs do come in handy occasionally.

"The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." - Jeff Cooper

Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don't give them a tomorrow.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast