Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Single stack 9mm's - CCW only?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobinNC View Post
    I used a pair of Sig P220's in 45 ACP for years. Then came 2009, and ammo was not only scarce, but prices were through the roof.

Being very comfortable with Sig's DA/SA trigger, and never feeling undergunned with only 8 rds, I began to search and buy when the price was right, slightly used 1990's vintage All German Made Commercial Sig P225's in 9mm.

The P225 were never made or assembled in Exeter, NH being only made in Germany, so they are NOT the gun a month bling junk currently being peddled as Sigs

Fast forward to today, I'm running 2 Sig P225's, and the pair of P220 are gone. The P225's are very easy to carry concealed, and easy to shoot as I get older, and much cheaper to feed. Magazines are cheap as well with thousands of Western German Police P6 mags flooding the market (P6 is the Police version of the P225) and most were running in the $30 range or less.

And I don't think I paid more than $500. for any of my P225's, and the guns and mags will be immune from any future gun ban craziness.

I run a P225 as well (my third). Each person will be different but to me the 225 just feels "right". Good choice IMO.

Feedback Score
    I have a P225 as well. I'm wondering if these bans go through, sig will start making them again? Definitely a good choice.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I prefer the HK P7 PSP, and P7M8 for concealed carry, but the Sig P6/P225, and Walther P5 are also fantastic pistols that came out of the West German pistol trials after the Munich Olympic massacre in 1972. They are all eight rouind plus one in the pipe, and pretty easy to carry especially the P7 which is my favorite of the bunch. I often carry a P7 and feel well armed, as I would with a P5 or P6. Great pistols.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I used to think 9 rounds was enough when I was a big single stack 1911 fan but after watching enough videos of officer involved shootings I ditched that idea. 9 rounds may well not be enough. In real life people miss when stress is put on them with a target that is moving and shooting back. Plus bad guys are operating in groups more and more. Also the ability to use cover fire to keep the bad guy pinned down is a good thing. I know your accountable for every bullet but there are times when you have to do what you have to do to save your own life.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredneck61088 View Post
    My majn off duty is a kahr cm with 7 rounders, bit if clothes allow i like the fullsize pistol, but thats just me. It is all about personal preference and role for the occassion.
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    I carry a full size glock in the summer with shorts, just all depends how you dress around it and how you carry it.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    I used to think 9 rounds was enough when I was a big single stack 1911 fan but after watching enough videos of officer involved shootings I ditched that idea. 9 rounds may well not be enough. In real life people miss when stress is put on them with a target that is moving and shooting back. Plus bad guys are operating in groups more and more. Also the ability to use cover fire to keep the bad guy pinned down is a good thing. I know your accountable for every bullet but there are times when you have to do what you have to do to save your own life.
    Pat
    You shouldn't solely rely on capacity to turn the tables in an event $hit hits the fan, major factors should be your training in that tool you carry everyday, as well as good situational awareness that many people lack. Not so much in the CCW community.

But some states people are forced to carry no less than 10 and maybe 7 depending what happens with this gun law crap. I'm just saying don't tell your self you need more rounds so I need higher cap mags, train harder, get faster and accurate, 9 rounds that's 3 in the chest assuming 3 perps were attacking you, if you are attacked by more than 3 perps with weapons than my friend something seriously went wrong this isn't a robbery lol.

Train, Train, Train just my 2 noodles :beer:

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    I ask myself this often as well.

I love my Kahr CM9 as a CCW and strongly considered the T9 as a primary.

But I can use my 8rd mags in the CM9 so I didn't see a real advantage. The 8rd mags fit very firm with zero wiggle.

And then I picked up a Boresight Solutions Glock 17 with his grip work, and the vickers slide stop and mag release.

And then I ordered a Glock 17 (gen 3).

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAVDOC View Post
    I also frequently pack a wheel gun or a single stack 9 (which is what the majority of forces in ww2 carried)
    And feel fine with that.
    I like to tell especially non shooters pistols are like golf clubs you need different "clubs" for different situations one does not do everything
    I like to tell people "guns are not like clothing fashions."

I also like to tell people that pistols never won a war.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chapperjoe View Post
    I ask myself this often as well.

I love my Kahr CM9 as a CCW and strongly considered the T9 as a primary.

But I can use my 8rd mags in the CM9 so I didn't see a real advantage. The 8rd mags fit very firm with zero wiggle.

And then I picked up a Boresight Solutions Glock 17 with his grip work, and the vickers slide stop and mag release.

And then I ordered a Glock 17 (gen 3).
    I like your thought process.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
    I prefer the HK P7 PSP, and P7M8 for concealed carry, but the Sig P6/P225, and Walther P5 are also fantastic pistols that came out of the West German pistol trials after the Munich Olympic massacre in 1972. They are all eight rouind plus one in the pipe, and pretty easy to carry especially the P7 which is my favorite of the bunch. I often carry a P7 and feel well armed, as I would with a P5 or P6. Great pistols.
    Another very good choice. I had also owned three different P7M8s as well. I had a couple of issues with them I didn't care for but a very good design nonetheless. All of these classic European single stacks bring a premium, the P7 seems to demand the most coin.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast