Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NCSTAR MARK III or ???? new to AR's

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'd relate NCSTAR more to an incurable STD. Sure, you can get rid of the evidence that you ever owned it, but you will spend the rest of your life praying nobody finds out what you did (bought).

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RD62 View Post
    I'd sooner stick a toilet paper tube with rubber band reticle on my rifle than an NC Star.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    Man, I'd rather take home a fat chick from the bar than put anything NCstar on my AR....
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron_c View Post
    I'd relate NCSTAR more to an incurable STD. Sure, you can get rid of the evidence that you ever owned it, but you will spend the rest of your life praying nobody finds out what you did (bought).
    So many epic signature line options!
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Bunnerrabbit, anything Nikon makes will be of higher quality than NCStar.

You said that your desired purpose is to shoot groups at 100 yards. So honestly, the short answer to your question is yes, a Nikon P223 will be better.

The more detailed answer on what is best, is "it depends". It depends on the budget you have. It also depends on if you can mount an optic on your AR without resorting to weirdness. If you do not have a flattop upper receiver, you might want to fix that first.

Good luck, and I would encourage you to read some more of the stickies here in the optical sub-forum.

Feedback Score
    I had two MKIII's around 6yrs ago. Horrible mistake on my part. One came with the reticle canted, the other fell off my AK after about 20 rounds. The QD lever came completely off. Total junk. NCstar boasts big, but cant back any of it. I replaced it with a Bushnell trophy 3-9 power x 39 for about $100 bucks back then (didn't know any better still). It was superior to the MKIII, and bushnell isn't even what you would consider a great optic. Save up and buy quality. Nothing of quality with similar features is cheap. Try saving for an Trijicon Accupoint or a Leupold Mark 4 series for around $800 or so.
    The Authority is not the Truth. Truth is the only Authority.
    Truth Is Hate to Those Who Hate Truth.
    Love of power is the manifestation of evil.

"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes.
    Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."
    - Napoléon Bonaparte

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    Buying ANYTHING NCSTAR is like taking the fat, ugly girl home from the bar. You will hate yourself for it later.
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    So many epic signature line options!
    No really think about it. With the fat/ugly chick, she's going to try and make up for this in the bedroom game. The NCstar, you'll get home and the tools you got, don't work with the metric. Then after finally getting strapped on shortly out of the gate, when your going hot and heavy...Its going to slam on the brakes quit working, leaving you unsatisfied and more broke than when you started the night...And with a STD...
    If you got to go cheap look at Primary Arms http://www.primaryarms.com/Default.asp Its China-knock off but them seem to be OK, loads better than NCcrap. Their red dot has held up surprisingly through handful of classes and comps. Not great, but its what I can afford (really can't justify spending mega cash on optics).
    Last edited by lunchbox; 08-01-13 at 01:54.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron_c View Post
    ...you will spend the rest of your life praying nobody finds out what you did (bought).
    And here I just admitted to purchasing more than one. Shame.

I think a few others that know soo much about how awful they are may have inadvertently admitted the same thing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123