Page 91 of 102 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: Froglube

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    We aren't talking about Oral IV are we?

I also don't think that 30.00 price you quoted is accurate either. In any case I am staying clear of this now.
    It's called a parallel.

http://www.brownells.com/gun-cleanin...008817_d_10192

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I had never read their claims, I simply had complaints about every other libe product I have tried and some BTDT guys I personally know and trust turned me on to FL. Tried it, loved it, have used it for years. Primarily because it stays put, works well, and I can clean and lube guns without the old lady complaining about the smell. I honestly don't care if they claim it cures cancer or who the hell they pay to endorse it. Until something better, and even more minty fresh comes along I'll stick with it, because it works.
    Director of Business Development - Unity Tactical, LLC - Design and Validation for the tactical community.
    www.unitytactical.com / www.facebook.com/unitytacticalllc

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackknight View Post
    Imagine you were tinkering in your garage one day and felt like you came up with a better lubricant than anything else on the market. You started selling it in little bottles online for $5 because you want to be friendly to your community. Do you really believe that these industries don’t have people out looking to buy the little bottles just in case you are right? They would buy the little bottle, run it through a series of chemical tests, and realize it’s no different than anything they’ve got and toss it out. Do you really believe that you could whip up something better than what these massive industries spend millions and millions of dollars on doing research every year? I highly doubt it.
    ----I know you quoted this, but I couldn't quote a quote.

I can see where all of the red flags are being raised by the marketing. However, this needs to be put into context.

I don't think Frog Lube was "invented" by a tinkerer...or even invented by the owner of Frog Lube. It isn't an original base formulation or an original idea. It is simply a re-branded product. This is likely a source of all of the crazy claims...overzealous marketing. In such a business, the marketing people are generally not the chemists or formulation people. As a consumer, I've seen and heard so much marketing BS that I really don't pay attention anymore. I've developed a filter for this, as should anyone.

I've been using it for 6 months and it works fine. I don't believe in wonder lubes, but I like how well it cleans, no carcinogens (Mom is a cancer survivor and I have inhaled enough crap for two lifetimes while earning a bachelors in Chemistry), smells fine enough to use in the house, and it stays put during storage.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=93495

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2000 View Post
    ----I know you quoted this, but I couldn't quote a quote.

I can see where all of the red flags are being raised by the marketing. However, this needs to be put into context.

I don't think Frog Lube was "invented" by a tinkerer...or even invented by the owner of Frog Lube. It isn't an original base formulation or an original idea. It is simply a re-branded product. This is likely a source of all of the crazy claims...overzealous marketing. In such a business, the marketing people are generally not the chemists or formulation people. As a consumer, I've seen and heard so much marketing BS that I really don't pay attention anymore. I've developed a filter for this, as should anyone.

I've been using it for 6 months and it works fine. I don't believe in wonder lubes, but I like how well it cleans, no carcinogens (Mom is a cancer survivor and I have inhaled enough crap for two lifetimes while earning a bachelors in Chemistry), smells fine enough to use in the house, and it stays put during storage.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=93495
    It was invented by a company with decades of experience in bio-friendly lubricant technology.
    http://www.trillium-solutions.net/

Not some tinkerer in his garage.
    Last edited by WS6; 08-13-13 at 03:14.

Feedback Score
    I've used Frog Lube and wasn't particularly impressed with it. Having shot muzzle loaders for a long time I noticed that it is, except for color, identical to Thompson Center Natural Lube 1000. In fact, the similarity was so great that I felt compelled to try T/C on my AR and, again, had similar results. Wiping things clean was easy enough. But my confidence in it as a lubricant was severely lacking.

My issues main issue with Frog Lube is that the company that makes (or distributes it) refuses to tell you anything about it. What's its load wear index? How did it perform in 4-ball wear tests? Salt exposure testing? Etc. There are all sorts of tests and standards against which Frog Lube should be measured but hasn't. These are scores the various CLP and grease makers don't hide from their buyers - you can download them from the makers' sites.

The cult following on this board that Frog Lube has is ironic to say the least. For a board that excoriates members who buy a Bushmaster or a DPMS because it isn't "battle proven," or doesn't have the right marks on it, eats up a product that appears to be nothing more than a vegetable based goo with no credentials.

Frog Lube seems to be the DPMS of lubricants.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowland_P View Post
    I've used Frog Lube and wasn't particularly impressed with it. Having shot muzzle loaders for a long time I noticed that it is, except for color, identical to Thompson Center Natural Lube 1000. In fact, the similarity was so great that I felt compelled to try T/C on my AR and, again, had similar results. Wiping things clean was easy enough. But my confidence in it as a lubricant was severely lacking.

My issues main issue with Frog Lube is that the company that makes (or distributes it) refuses to tell you anything about it. What's its load wear index? Not sure. How did it perform in 4-ball wear tests? Very well. Coefficient of friction was pretty low, and scar size was about what you get from a good motor-oil.Salt exposure testing? I have not seen industry tests on it for this, but I personally know SF who have done combat swims in saltwater, and deployed to the jungle with it, and did not have issues. Etc. There are all sorts of tests and standards against which Frog Lube should be measured but hasn't. These are scores the various CLP and grease makers don't hide from their buyers - you can download them from the makers' sites.

The cult following on this board that Frog Lube has is ironic to say the least. For a board that excoriates members who buy a Bushmaster or a DPMS because it isn't "battle proven," or doesn't have the right marks on it, eats up a product that appears to be nothing more than a vegetable based goo with no credentials.
    Actually, this board dislikes DPMS and BM because they shit the bed quite often under observable use. Froglube has done well under observable use. Your analogy is kaput.
    Froglube functions well under hard use.
    DPMS does not.
    Argumentfail.

Last edited by WS6; 08-13-13 at 04:51.

Feedback Score

Re: Froglube

Lots of BM, DPMS & Froglube hate round here.:banghead:

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowland_P View Post

My issues main issue with Frog Lube is that the company that makes (or distributes it) refuses to tell you anything about it. What's its load wear index? How did it perform in 4-ball wear tests? Salt exposure testing? Etc. There are all sorts of tests and standards against which Frog Lube should be measured but hasn't. These are scores the various CLP and grease makers don't hide from their buyers - you can download them from the makers' sites.

Frog Lube works.

But I award you 3 troll points for implying that DPMS and Bushmaster are only popular here because of the roll mark.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Has anyone ever had any lube not work?

Some are thicker than others. Some stink, some don't. Gob the stuff on there and go shooting.

I think the word 'Frog Lube' sounds ridiculous, so I don't use it.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    It was invented by a company with decades of experience in bio-friendly lubricant technology.
    http://www.trillium-solutions.net/

Not some tinkerer in his garage.
    Thank you for this. I am always on the lookout for snake oils and the like, but this makes me feel a lot better about the product. I am going to try some now.

Page 91 of 102 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast