Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Precision Armament AFAB-Mini Flash Hider/Compensator?

Feedback Score
    Nice to see the video, been waiting for a review. Trying to decide between the AFAB and the Lantac Dragon.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddler View Post
    Nice to see the video, been waiting for a review. Trying to decide between the AFAB and the Lantac Dragon.
    I haven't shot the dragon, but I've shot double and triple ported brakes before. The dragon is gonna have more concussion just as a virtue of its design. Flash would also likely be worse as ported brakes struggle with flash mitigation.

However, ported brakes excel with recoil mitigation and the lantac seems to have enough vertical ports to be solid at reducing muzzle rise as well.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    What makes it 'mini'? I looked to see if it has a big bro, which it does not.

Feedback Score
    Good to hear the update. I have one being sent my way and I am looking forward to giving it a good side by side with a few other devices.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Outstanding!
    Nice to have multiple knowledable and perceptive shooters evaluate the AFAB. Video shows the system works, with great choices of components known to mitigate muzzle rise and.recoil. No doubt this setup is smoother and flatter shooting than my mid length 16" setup, with an A5H3. Wonder how much difference you will see running different muzzle devices. Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Good to hear the update. I have one being sent my way and I am looking forward to giving it a good side by side with a few other devices.
    I look forward to your impressions.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    What makes it 'mini'? I looked to see if it has a big bro, which it does not.
    Marketing, and it being normal size compared to that company's humongous tank-brake-sized brakes for .308 rifles.

Feedback Score
    That's awesome! Thanks for the vid. Glad your wife is doing better. Right now I have a triple port muzzle break that is just killing me and everyone around. Would you say that this would be a good move from a muzzle break to this?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Holiday View Post
    That's awesome! Thanks for the vid. Glad your wife is doing better. Right now I have a triple port muzzle break that is just killing me and everyone around. Would you say that this would be a good move from a muzzle break to this?
    I would offer a general "yes". I have not found a triple port brake that was as gentle as my FSC556 on my BCM 14.5" middy, regardless of barrel length used with the triple port. The AFAB was noticeably more comfortable with regard to blast as compared to my FSC556. The difference was so stark, that I didn't have to A/B them to know with certainty.

Now, I have never found the FSC556 to be poor in this area...but the AFAB is clearly better. So, by virtue of an A/B/C comparison, I would say that the AFAB would necessarily have to have less concussion than your triple port brake.

What barrel length do you use?

Feedback Score
    Cool, 16''.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast