Page 121 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1485

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Finally got the bat belt set up the way I want and qualified wearing it this week.
    -tpdavis

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate and I picture us invading that world because they would never expect it.

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Last edited by South; 01-23-15 at 23:34.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by South View Post
    Nice setup davis, is that the BFG Ten speed dump pouch? If so, how do you like it?
    I realize that question wasn't directed at me, but I run that same dump pouch.

It's not super huge, and doesn't swallow every empty thing thrown at it like the bulkier units do, but it stows away super small which more than makes up for it if it's a part-time stowed item. I really like mine, but I think it'll wind up on some different kit that better uses it's compactness when folded, and run an older style dump pouch on my belt just because of how I use mine. I did really enjoy being able to keep it out of the way of other stuff, but on my setup I can get away with running a much bulkier one at 6'oclock and accomplish everything else with that belt - for a side mount setup the BFG10S one shines; I just clogged that space with more mag pouches.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just made the switch to an HSGI belt.

HSGI Battle Belt
    CrossTac D Belt II
    Pouches, L to R
    HSGI TACO Pistol/Rifle pouches
    ATS Dump Pouch
    ATS tear-away IFAK
    Blackhawk! Water bottle/Nalgene Pouch
    Safariland 6005 SLS holster w/SIG Scorpion
    Blackhawk! Dual pistol mag pouc w/Leatherman multitool and pistol mag

For the longest time, I thought that battle belts/war belts were for airsofters and "class chasers". Kit for play soldiers and the one way range only. However, after experiences on my last deployment, and being able to test the limitations of a plate carrier set up, I began to look at them in a new light. A Marine EOD team we worked with used them in conjunction with their plate carriers, and I started to appreciate the versatility of having a "Batman utility belt" as I jokingly referred to it as. My first belt, after coming back to the States, was a cheap(er) Blackhawk! belt. It was a good "proof of concept" belt, and I used it for hunting, and while playing OPFOR at Ft. Polk Louisiana. It was in CB, and I ended up buying another Blackhawk! belt in MultiCam for use with my new plate carrier, but as I started using the new belt more, it's limitations started to become obvious. It was too padded, and the combined weight of three magazines had a tendency to drag the belt down, even when tightened. At best, it would "roll" over the inner belt, and sag badly. After reading several threads I decided to go with the HSGI belt, and from the get go, I can tell it is a much better made belt. Thinner, by far and much more rigid. I didn't do much with it at first, beside a couple mile walk in the park in the morning, fully loaded, showed that it stayed one remarkably well, and didn't sag, roll, or cause any problems in general. I finally got a chance to use it last week for a nice little "suck fest" that my unit decided to do. Half a mile walking/swimming down a creek, with the belt submerged the majority of the time, with various underwater exercises thrown in. The belt stayed in place very well, and made carrying the mags and Nalgene bottle very easy, and was a far better method of load bearing equipment than the issued FLC (no surprise there). Now if I can just get the belt to dry out!

First line belt with the personally purchased/used plate carrier.
    Last edited by Alpha-17; 07-27-14 at 14:40.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Been lurking in this thread for quite some time now and wondering if it's time to pull the trigger on one of the HSGI belts. My main hangup is that we are running the ProTac Titan Assault Enhanced vests (Seen here: Titan AE) which is an "enhanced coverage" vest... meaning there's a large amount of soft armor in addition to plates which makes it quite a bit bulkier than a standalone plate carrier.

My question is, does anyone have any experience running a vest similar to what I'm using with a belt? Is it feasible to run mags on the belt? Would they bind up with the armor? I'd probably be running my IFAK and drop pouch on the belt as well, but I'm not as concerned with those getting in the way.

My main rationale behind running a belt would be to forgo the drop leg holster completely and run a G-Code belt drop... but that's a lot of scratch to throw down just to belt-mount a holster.

Any experiences and thoughts welcomed. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    HSGI makes some DAMN good products!

blessed are the peacemakers...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Tyr Tactical Gunfighter
    BFG Ten-Speed Pistol and AR
    BFG Ten-Speed Ultralight Dump Pouch
    Safariland UBL + QLS
    Safariland 6378 - HK45c, until Safariland has solutions for VP9

TCI DEHP w/ Gel Seals and OC Tatical HP2

I added some Velcro one-wrap sandwiched between the tail and wrapped around itself to keep it from being separated. Also have some shock-cord girth-hitched through the hole on the UBL, looped around where the MOLLE is tacked and tied off to keep the holster in place.
    Last edited by t1tan; 08-07-14 at 16:10.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Doc (or anyone ring in)..How does the padding of the HSGI BatBelt compare to the BFG SOC /?
    Thanks
    WD

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkman View Post
    Doc (or anyone ring in)..How does the padding of the HSGI BatBelt compare to the BFG SOC /?
    Thanks
    WD
    I have never used the BFG belt. I use the ATS one but I am considering switching to the HSGI one. I like what I have seen of it. Not too much padding to make it cumbersome.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Thanks Steve,
    I have the BFG....A little too much padding...very supportive and comfy though..

WD

Page 121 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast