Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TDCS -Anyone Tried it?

Feedback Score

TDCS -Anyone Tried it?

I have a colleague that is an advocate of TDCS or Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation. He makes some amazing claims about this stuff. Anyone here tried it?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ya know, that sounds suspiciously a lot like "Electro Shock Therapy
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    They use it a bit where I work (Duke), and the people who get it love it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Ya know, that sounds suspiciously a lot like "Electro Shock Therapy
    If you have a seizure using tDCS, you need to back off the current a touch. And don't be too quick to condemn electroconvulsive therapy. For the right subset of patients, it can be a lifesaver. Literally. I have a friend with major depression who suffered for years and it wasn't until they tried ECT that he got some relief. And Randle McMurphy's experience is no longer representative of the clinical standard of care.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave View Post
    ...Randle McMurphy's experience is no longer representative of the clinical standard of care.
    LOL!

More questioning just what the heck is being talked about, albeit with suspicion as well as attempted humor, than condemning.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Well, I have to admit that the Ramones song "Shock Treatment" started playing in my head when my colleague first started talking about TDCS!

Seriously though, the devices are generally powered by a 9v battery and the current passage is limited to 2mA max. Therapeutic effect is supposed to vary, depending upon anode and cathode placement during treatment. Supposedly, mil.gov is using TDCS to enhance fine motor skills and/or mental acuity/alertness.

Feedback Score
    As someone who works with electrical motors, high voltage lines, and computers I really hate being shocked. Really hate it.
    ‘‘Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.’’
    — Mahatma Ghandi

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I must be really dumb. I thought you were referring to the electric chair when I first skimmed the thread. My home state(Mississippi)for many years used a portable electric chair transported by truck as needed from county seat to county seat. The executioner usually set up the chair in the court room and ran large cables from a generator on the truck body to the chair. But that's all another story, and I'll withdraw from your sensible thread. My apologies.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by williejc View Post
    I must be really dumb. I thought you were referring to the electric chair when I first skimmed the thread. My home state(Mississippi)for many years used a portable electric chair transported by truck as needed from county seat to county seat. The executioner usually set up the chair in the court room and ran large cables from a generator on the truck body to the chair. But that's all another story, and I'll withdraw from your sensible thread. My apologies.
    Hold it, you can't just post that and leave. You thought this thread was about electric chairs and the OP was wondering if anyone here had "tried it?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TriviaMonster View Post
    As someone who works with electrical motors, high voltage lines, and computers I really hate being shocked. Really hate it.
    My father is a color blind electrician.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast