Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Ever Get Asked For Your Receipt Before Leaving Walmart?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Show it to them, problem solved... A Seriously stupid thing to stand your ground over.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    Show it to them, problem solved... A Seriously stupid thing to stand your ground over.
    But they're fighting for freedom, warm apple pie, and the American way of life! It'd be nice to see one of the advocates here post a video of themselves acting as the apex predator wolves they think they are. If they're so set on making a statement, do it right. Don't harass the minimum wage door greeter. Stop and ask to speak to the store manager.

I think are far more important things to get spun up about than dealing with the slight inconvenience of having a receipt checked. Again, some people need drama in their lives and go searching for low hanging fruit.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Oh yeah? Well, I'll bet you a gold plated Taurus Judge that your teenage kids wouldn't get the Bela Lugosi reference in my post...Mr. Wise Acre.
    You actually own a gold-plated Taurus Judge?

I honestly would not know which is more puzzling. Gold-plating a pistol, or thinking that Taurus produces firearms.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    You actually own a gold-plated Taurus Judge?

I honestly would not know which is more puzzling. Gold-plating a pistol, or thinking that Taurus produces firearms.
    Dude, Tier 1 Operators are using them and nobody else can get them. The gold plating improves their performance and lethality in every metric. Literal one-shot stops are the norm.

Here's some classified helmet cam footage from an Airborne DeltaGRU sniper SEAL Ranger during a recent op against ISIS in Egypt, OP Gold And Eye. It was leaked by some North Korean hackers earlier this year, so it's totally cool to share here.

" Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Here's my taurus 82 bought as a cheap turn in that was FeH2O plated.
    Attachment 30554
    Last edited by Leaveammoforme; 12-22-14 at 00:21.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post

Shudder........

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I suppose you wouldn't mind if police went door to door and asked for a DNA sample from you because a woman in your street/neighborhood got raped?

Same same, right?
    Key word: Public

Your home is your private residence and they cannot forcefully enter or search without a proper warrant. In PUBLIC it is a different story.

And this thread is not about that anyway, I just threw in a small example relative to the subject of being asked to show your receipt or ID. If you know any LEO friends you would understand why they ask for ID when they confront individuals in public.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    The implication that the customer is a thief, and that they have to prove their innocence by showing a receipt, is bullshit.

For those who for stores requiring customers to show them their receipt, where does it end? What if the store's policy was for you to lift your shirt or to open your purse or bag for inspection on leaving? Would that be acceptable?

Empty your pockets...
    Of course not. That is a bit too extreme.

But it is quite common for stores like Bestbuy to ask to see your receipt on big ticket items as you walk out the door for theft prevention. You paid for that 60" tv and have your receipt? You're good to go. How about that flash drive in your pocket?

You're not a thief unless you are a thief...

Feedback Score
    Last edited by 7.62NATO; 04-30-15 at 22:13.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast