Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best AA or AAA Light For General Use

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tequila45 View Post
    Stream light stylus pro. Size of a pen, runs on 2 AAA batteries, 6.5hrs run time, 65 lumens and $20 on amazon
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Streamlight Stylus Pro
    AA batts and it is the size of a large ink pen. I've owned two and lost one, the thing was so good I stopped on the way home to buy another.
    High Regards for this as a EDC light.
    Quote Originally Posted by ggp2jz View Post
    Big fan of the Streamlight Microstream cheap and has a lifetime warranty
    Quote Originally Posted by Halln View Post
    Streamlight Microstream . To me its the benchmark for practical use.
    This all day long.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Check out this torture test on 4 AAA lights. The runtime on the Klarus is impressive. These lights took a beating for the price point.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ight-Challenge
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 03-10-15 at 22:10.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    And yet another recommendation for Streamlight (though it's a ProTac 2AAA sitting next to me). Bought it three years ago when I worked in flight support and needed something small, powerful, and light (no pun intended). Survived countless drops, weather from single-digits to 117F to rain to snow, and just keeps happily shining on. Lithium batteries work great, as do rechargeable, and good enough that the only ones I don't have anymore were given to friends and co-workers (but no big deal since they're priced so well).
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    New kid on the block SF Titan:
    http://www.surefire.com/titan-a.html...20150414_Titan

I have gone through a half dozen single AAA lights and they all fail with light use. No pun intended. I can't even remember the brand of 2x AAA currently carry, but when it dies I will buy this new SF light.

Inova, that is what I EDC now, first 2AAA light for me, so far so good. If the Titan came with a clip it would be perfect. And yes I loved the microstream but it died.

Feedback Score
    Got these two (2) Mini Maglites for twenty dollars ($20.00USD) at the Home Depot this evening:

The AA

The AAA

The Short Hall

Can't really complain much for GP lighting use and as an added backup and "loaner" flashlights, besides AA and AAA are readily available and mostly inexpensive.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Been very happy with the Streamlight AAA (takes 2) pen sized light ( don't know model number) carried it for over a year daily as a plain clothes light. I have used it to clear buildings and ran it in a low light course. It's small enough that I can have it with me at all times along with all ten other crap I have to carry. Easy to carry in jeans or a suit pocket

Feedback Score
    Well don't know about "best" for the AA, but this one I just received via USPS.

Size comparison with the Maglite ML25 and the SF Fury P2X IB

Shot in the dark and then from HIGH, Medium, Flashing Red

Just Hangin'

Magnetic Hold

The Weigh In

Don't know about any "drop testing" on this as of yet since I just got it. As claimed/stated on the box that this is an "Anodized Aircraft-Grade Aluminum Body." I'll be EDC'ing this to see how it does stand up and as an all around GP lighting. That is all for now.
    Last edited by CLHC; 03-24-16 at 20:32.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sounds like the OP already picked one up but I will chime in anyway. I carried an LX2 lumamax for forever and still do when there is space, but about a year or so ago I picked up a streamlight protac 1aa and have been happy with the light. The pocketclip leaves something to be desired but it is workable.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In AAA, the streamlight microstream is tough to beat.

Feedback Score
    Another vote for the Microstream. The reverse pocket-clip allows you to go hands free if you have a hat on. I bought one, used it for a month, then bought 3 more as backups and to leave stashed in my bags, desk drawers etc.

I am not an expert, nor do I play one on the internet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast