Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint Comp M4 vs. Aimpoint T2...which one is better, optically?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VelveteenMole View Post
    That's weird about the CA on the NF. My 2.5-10x42 has virtually no CA. Is your 1-4 fairly old? I hear they've done a lot with the coatings, if not glass, with the lower end scopes in the past few years. The BEAST I compared to a Razor HD II the other day had ZERO CA to my eyes, while the Razor had a pretty noticeable amount. Obviously those are in a different ballpark though.

As for the Comp M4, yeah, it is a hefty combo, but a variable won't let you leave it on for HD use. Do you feel the T2 is noticeably harder to get behind in odd positions than a Comp series AP?
    2013 model NF.

I have used the T1 and the M4 in various VTAC classes, and found no real preference for one or the other, except to note that when stressed and fatigued and squinting into the sun, the T1 dot was a bit more prone to starburst/glare/distortion than my M4 dot. I suspect the T2 is similar to the M4 in that regard. Shooting over and under cars, ironically, the only issue with head position I had was with the M4. Somehow I got a double-dot. I CAREFULLY placed the dot on the 50 yard target from reverse kneeling (brokeback) and kept tearing up turf. It was similar to those "flip" rear-view mirrors where the image is the same but slightly dimmer. In the failing light, I thought it was legit. It wasn't just 1 shot. It was 5-10 shots, after being yelled at and very carefully placing the dot on the target afterwards. I still don't know how it happened, and it wasn't optic/bore offset either, as the weapon is horizontal in that position.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks so much for starting this thread WS6, i had the same questions... Now my dilemma is what combination of optics to run across my 5, AR556's (since I've recently thinned down the heard). So far I'm liking the G33 behind T2 combo.

Always learn a lot from your posts, many thanks!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hk91308 View Post
    Thanks so much for starting this thread WS6, i had the same questions... Now my dilemma is what combination of optics to run across my 5, AR556's (since I've recently thinned down the heard). So far I'm liking the G33 behind T2 combo.

Always learn a lot from your posts, many thanks!
    I've had a k16i, vcog, nf 1-4, and t2/g33.

The nf and t2 / g33 prove similar to shoot. I think the t2 combo is quicker even at distance due to the contrast of a red aiming point vs. Black. I have been able to obtain identical precision at 100 yards with everytbing but the vcog, which I hated so much I sold before bothering. The kahles made life at 100 a piece of cake, but up close the rds still trumped it.

Ultimately, I sold the k16i, kept the nf, and am buying another g33 and t2. The k16i is one helluva optic. My main reason for sale was that I rarely shoot much over 100 yards, and it didn't offer any advantages thay really excited me inside of that. I am keeping the nf because it's a proven tool and I like it's form factor.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I've had a k16i, vcog, nf 1-4, and t2/g33.

The nf and t2 / g33 prove similar to shoot. I think the t2 combo is quicker even at distance due to the contrast of a red aiming point vs. Black. I have been able to obtain identical precision at 100 yards with everytbing but the vcog, which I hated so much I sold before bothering. The kahles made life at 100 a piece of cake, but up close the rds still trumped it.

Ultimately, I sold the k16i, kept the nf, and am buying another g33 and t2. The k16i is one helluva optic. My main reason for sale was that I rarely shoot much over 100 yards, and it didn't offer any advantages thay really excited me inside of that. I am keeping the nf because it's a proven tool and I like it's form factor.
    Very much appreciate the additional info here WS6. I tend to use my 5.56's for under 100 yards as well, and base on your input, I think I'll set most of them up with T2/G33 combo's. Was looking at putting
    1-4x on one of the Noveske's and Knights. NF along with Leupold are some of the choices I'm looking at and minimizing weight is an important factor when I get chance to check them out.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Very much appreciate the additional info here WS6. I tend to use my 5.56's for under 100 yards as well, and base on your input, I think I'll set most of them up with T2/G33 combo's. Was looking at putting
    1-4x on one of the Noveske's and Knights. NF along with Leupold are some of the choices I'm looking at and minimizing weight is an important factor when I get chance to check them out.
    Part of the beauty of the T2 and G33 is that you can buy 1 g33, and back numerous t2 optics with it without worrying about the zero when you musical chair it around, and t2 is cheaper by far than any good lpv. Also, 15oz mounted is about what the combo weighs using the scalar works t2 mount. You need their lower 1/3 to interface with the g33 without spacer.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Part of the beauty of the T2 and G33 is that you can buy 1 g33, and back numerous t2 optics with it without worrying about the zero when you musical chair it around, and t2 is cheaper by far than any good lpv. Also, 15oz mounted is about what the combo weighs using the scalar works t2 mount. You need their lower 1/3 to interface with the g33 without spacer.
    Yeah, the scalar lower 1/3 works perfectly with the g33 without spacer.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Many thanks WS6 (and everyone)- going to be switching out my LaRue's for the Scalerworks 1/3 very soon. I saw that they are working on an STS mount for the G33 with an ETA of next year however, should be interesting.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Many thanks WS6 (and everyone)- going to be switching out my LaRue's for the Scalerworks 1/3 very soon. I saw that they are working on an STS mount for the G33 with an ETA of next year however, should be interesting.
    It's more for the Aimpoint. The g33 is pretty squared away from L3. I think they will do botu, but 30mm ap first.

The LaRue to scalarworks swap will feel tangibly lighter, imo.
    Last edited by WS6; 04-25-16 at 01:46.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's more for the Aimpoint. The g33 is pretty squared away from L3. I think they will do botu, but 30mm ap first.

The LaRue to scalarworks swap will feel tangibly lighter, imo.
    I'm content with the STS mount that comes with the G33, thanks for your help on this too last year btw :-0)

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'm content with the STS mount that comes with the G33, thanks for your help on this too last year btw :-0)
    Any time. As to scalarworks, they are very customer friendly. Easy to reach out to.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast