Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: SCAR 17 or HK 762-Fast advice!!!!

Feedback Score

SCAR 17 or HK 762-Fast advice!!!!

Deleted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JC5188; 04-29-16 at 01:15. Reason: Never mind....

Feedback Score
    Why would anyone pick a AR clone over a SCAR unless you are neck deep in Stoner parts and method of operation habit?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by im.runandgun View Post
    method of operation habit?Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
    Answered your own question.

Also mag availability and innate hatred of left-side mag release.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Let's see some pics! I see that the original pics were pulled from that other site.. curious to see what your rifle looks like. Even if you don't have a scope yet..
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    Answered your own question.

Also mag availability and innate hatred of left-side mag release.
    Mags are available and plentiful..and the comment about left side mag release ????

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Let's see some pics! I see that the original pics were pulled from that other site.. curious to see what your rifle looks like. Even if you don't have a scope yet..
    I get the feeling you'll never see an honest-to-goodness picture from him.

Mags are available and plentiful..and the comment about left side mag release ????
    They're more available now, but still nowhere as widely as AR-10 magazines, and they're still not the greatest. As for left side magazine release, some people hate them, as they can be activated on kit, thus causing you to dump your mag inadvertently, while providing limited use for a righty.

And let's not forget the issues with the stock, the its ability to destroy even quality electro-optics, and the reciprocating charging handle. The SCAR is a fine gun, but it's hardly an obvious choice over a quality AR-10 in all uses.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Destroys optics? A joke....stock is fine...ambidextrous mag release it works...reciprocating charging handle I initially thought could be a problem but it proved not to be...The weapon is considerable improvement over and Stoner variant. (And I have a bunch of them)

Feedback Score
    I think I would go back to my M1a over any AR10 type

Feedback Score
    Destroys optics? A joke
    Must be a Helluva of a joke to get NSWC Crane in on it, given that they currently designate certain electro-optics as being CAR-hardened, and others as not. And before you argue about how light the recoil is on the SCAR, please be aware that it is not the rearward recoil that is destroying the electro-optics, but the impulses generated when the giant bolt carrier group is going back into battery. It's the same basic reason as to why air rifles can destroy quality optics that are designed for use on firearms.
    stock is fine
    I have heard quite otherwise from others that have used it in the field. Perhaps it's good enough for civilian use, but it seems to be having durability issues in the field. I've heard anecdotes of Ranger units destroying every single stock within a week of being issued the SCAR.
    ambidextrous mag release it works
    No one is saying it doesn't. The problem is that it's possibly working a bit too well, occasionally dumping mags when we don't want to, depending on your gear set-up.
    reciprocating charging handle I initially thought could be a problem but it proved not to be
    Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. The reciprocating handle can be an issue when trying to shoot on a barricade or under vehicles, for example.
    I think I would go back to my M1a over any AR10 type
    Most people would not, at least not for hard use.

Again, the SCAR is a damn fine weapon. It's very accurate for what it is, handles nicely, is fairly lightweight, very reliable, and has a quite reasonable manual-of-arms. But it's far from perfect, and can be beaten by certain AR-10 patterned rifles for certain roles.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 05-26-16 at 12:42.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    I never said perfect...but better than any Stoner variant, and that's why it was deployed...personally I'm not SOCOM or a member of Seal Team 1 -2-3-4-5 or 6..... But I do have years of experience and hundreds of thousands of rounds down range....do I like my ACR stock better . . . yes, but both are better than any and all partially collapsing non folding Stoner weapons. Accuracy is acceptable.... Yes but not M1a standards....dropped mags on left side mag release? Never happened to me, but if you have an issue , a drummel works great if the button is too large.....i would wager that average user (operator) satisfaction is considerably greater as a statistic than any AR10 variant...thats why it was adopted. (For all but keyboard jockeys)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast