Thread: 7.62 x 39 AR

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Are the ASC's reliable? Is your rifle reliable? I want to do a build on using a Tactical Machining 7.62x39 marked lower, but don't want to screw up the build with unreliable parts.
    My rifle is a complete 16 inch PSA 7.62x39 upper, currently sitting on a DPMS lower with a collapsable M4 type buttstock. I have also tested it with three other lowers that I have that have been verified by me to be reliable: a Smith & Wesson and also a PSA lower, both of which are set up similar to the DPMS with collapsable stocks, with no issues. I have tested it with carbine, H and H2 buffers without issue. I have also tested it with an Anderson lower with a A2 stock and it has been fine.

Really your mag choices are quite limited, at least as far as the ones that I am aware of: there is ASC, C-Products, D&H, and potentially the ones that krm375 posted about. C-Products and ASC appear to be basically the same thing. I have seen reports of a few people having to tweak the feedlips on some of the earlier ASC mags, but I have not found it necessary on my four 20 rounders or two 30 rounders.

Really the only reliability issue I have had so far is ammo related. I have experienced a failure to fire with Tula ammo about one out of every 100 rounds. Normally the casing looks like the primer is set in too deep to allow a good firing pin strike. You can feel and see the bad primers. This is not just a 7.62x39 issue with Tula either, I have seen the same problem with their .223 and 5.45x39 rounds as well. I have found Wolf, Monarch, Silverbear, Hornady and Winchester white box ammo good to go. Your mileage may vary.

Are Tactical Machining 7.62 marked lowers reliable? I have never heard of them.
    Last edited by Tbat; 06-10-16 at 23:46.