Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbx View Post
    Why exactly did they lift the cab off?

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endur View Post
    It's the easiest way to work on the fords. My cousin is a ford diesel mechanic. With a loft you can lift the cab off in no time and have full easy access to anything on the engine.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, long and the short is that you can't get to all of the shit that breaks otherwise. So, pull off the cab.

Pretty neat huh....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That was a Navistar issue, they just built a shitty engine. I am not sure how Ford handled the warranty and whatnot with them though.
    The 7.0, 6.0 and 6.4 were all Ford spec'd engines built by Navistar. Big feud between the two on who's fault it was. Let to lawsuits and etc.

The Cummins on the other hand are Cummins engines throughout. One buys a Cummins with a Dodge wrapped around it.

D-max is an Isuzu engine.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    DMax is a joint venture with Isuzu and Gm being the majority. Been that way since 99' or something like that..... I want to say they're in Ohio or Indiana.

It's been almost 20 years since they started. Good grief where has time gone.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbx View Post
    DMax is a joint venture with Isuzu and Gm being the majority. Been that way since 99' or something like that..... I want to say they're in Ohio or Indiana.

It's been almost 20 years since they started. Good grief where has time gone.
    Yes, that is what Joe Isuzu said.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    My current ford, had to have rear axle rebuilt at 88K - bearing went. Had to have front hubs replaced due to a selenium failure that was causing them to partially engage randomly, just had rear driveshaft replaced as mid carrier bearing went bad(and yes the entire 6.5' driveshaft had to be replaced as the bearing is pressed on and not replaceable). Mind you I tow a little, miles are mostly highway, and the trucks only 4 years old...

My biggest concern now is that the front diff is not serviceable...it's a sealed unit. So no preventative maintenance can be performed and if she goes it needs replaced.

My buddy that had the f350 gasser switched to a tradesman dodge 2500. With what he saved he was able to make it really nice and still save a bundle. Another thing, I think it rides nicer than any of the others as it's got coils springs on all 4.

Man - typing this is making me think about going to check one out myself...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    You can cruise the forums for every brand and find people with no issues, and people with a ton of issues. It does not help that people with issues tend to be far more vocal than those without.

I believe no matter which truck you pick, you should be gtg.

Quote Originally Posted by soulezoo View Post
    The 7.0, 6.0 and 6.4 were all Ford spec'd engines built by Navistar. Big feud between the two on who's fault it was. Let to lawsuits and etc.

The Cummins on the other hand are Cummins engines throughout. One buys a Cummins with a Dodge wrapped around it.

D-max is an Isuzu engine.
    The question is whether or not they met Ford's specs. I would say they are both at fault.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GO_ALLOUT View Post
    My current ford, had to have rear axle rebuilt at 88K - bearing went. Had to have front hubs replaced due to a selenium failure that was causing them to partially engage randomly, just had rear driveshaft replaced as mid carrier bearing went bad(and yes the entire 6.5' driveshaft had to be replaced as the bearing is pressed on and not replaceable). Mind you I tow a little, miles are mostly highway, and the trucks only 4 years old...

My biggest concern now is that the front diff is not serviceable...it's a sealed unit. So no preventative maintenance can be performed and if she goes it needs replaced.

My buddy that had the f350 gasser switched to a tradesman dodge 2500. With what he saved he was able to make it really nice and still save a bundle. Another thing, I think it rides nicer than any of the others as it's got coils springs on all 4.

Man - typing this is making me think about going to check one out myself...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What?

Sealed front axle? Drive shaft replacement because is the carrier bearing? They are pressed on, but you don't buy a shaft unless yours is wrecked. On the axle, how do you suppose all the parts and fluid got in?

No offense, but I think you may be getting lied to. Did your mechanic tell you these things?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by soulezoo View Post
    Yes, that is what Joe Isuzu said.
    Who's Joe Isuzu?

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast