Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M4Carbine history and the CZ

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

M4Carbine history and the CZ

It is funny, but in researching some threads and CZ guns, I found that the tide has really turned on this forum WRT CZs. IN the 2005-2011 time frame they were looked at as good range guns with limited following in the "serious use" category. Now, CZ has a devoted following here, and the generally accepted reputation as utterly reliable, superbly accurate, and a great service pistol.

I think its the convergence of an evolving line of 'better featured' pistols, and the realization that CZ has always been reliable and accurate, and except for those darn trigger return springs, have been trouble free.

Today, people seem to be lined up to ditch their old SF pistol for the new P10 series. Amazing.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I think it has a lot to do with Mike Pannone's use of CZ pistols too. I have always been a fan of CZ and it was my first pistol but they have been flying under the radar for many years.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Gun buying public is fickle. Similar could be said about thought here towards the Beretta 92 & PX4 (from less to more favorable), M&P (the reverse), favorable reception of Hudson with little available info when others are subject to a wait and see attitude, etc.
    Last edited by brushy bill; 01-10-17 at 09:02.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have owned CZ pistols since 1994. I've always been fascinated with Combloc stuff, probably because it wasn't readily available before the early 90's, and also some of it is just darn good. When I first owned CZ's many people believed they were just cheap, commie guns that were poorly made, and poorly finished. They worked for me, so I kept buying them over the years, and have watched their offerings expand, and the finish quality get better, not that I've had any poor quality examples.

While I am not a polymer fan, and prefer the more traditional CZ's offerings, they've expanded their excellent polymer line to embrace a wider range of shooters. However, they still produce excellent metal framed pistols, for defense, and even an expanded enhanced line like the Shadow series.

I don't own any CZ rifles yet, but from what I hear they are excellent, and they've shown innovation with the EVO, and Bren guns. When I get another bolt gun for hunting, it will most likely be a CZ. I half expected CZ to lose their way, somewhat like Sig, as their success grew. But, so far, no signs of that. With the new P-10, they may get a part of the LE market. I hope CZ continues on its current path, and does not let success ruin them. They still offer excellent firearms, at very competitive prices.
    Last edited by Pilot1; 01-10-17 at 09:02.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    From what I have read their CS has also changed for the better since 10 years ago. (I had a bad encounter back in the day, and back then you paid/did shipping).

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    A lot of negativity surely had to do with being produced in the an Eastern Block country. Not really looked to as producing
    top quality goods. Seems that a lot of good European craftsmanship survived the Soviet occupation and is being modernized. I've heard for years the CZ was a good gun but always hesitated because of Eastern Block stigma. At least that's my take.

Looks like the P10 may crash through any barriers and be looked upon as a Western European product. Hope they get this one right with plenty of support on the producer side.

I see Pilot1 touched on this subject above.
    Last edited by Hart; 01-10-17 at 09:41.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    As a data point, it is interesting to see Mr. gunsngear's video on the P09 where he actually goes into the slide and shows that there are no machining marks anywhere . Back in the day, that was a CZ signature – to have machining marks in the slides. Yet my PreB runs like a champ.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I remember taking a class with LAV years ago where he said the CZs were not durable, and had small parts breakage. This was back when he had nearly guru status for me so I just ignored the CZs. But in the past few years I have put my toes in the CZ waters and I have had good results.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I've always been a big fan of the CZ-75 family of handguns. I just never took them too seriously since I got into handguns, because it was Glock! HK! SIG! Beat into my head over and over again and that is what I went with. I will be buying an SP01 tactical after taxes though, and hopefully an Evo Scorpion as well

Also, CZ has been absolutely killing it lately releasing quality, interesting firearms at really good prices. Look how much the Evo Scorpion, Bren, and the P10 are undercutting their competition. Plus the Scorpion has excellent magazine pricing compared to the competitors. I feel like CZ is forcing all the gun guys to really take notice that they don't only make the CZ75
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    CZs were considered bastard children around here back around 2008 based on the opinions of a handful of SME's and few members had actually spent any real time with one themselves. Now, many of the 75b's and the like were not nearly as polished as the competition, but they just work well with great ergonomics and good accuracy. I will say I'm rather excited to try out the new P10c when the become available.
    Last edited by An Undocumented Worker; 01-10-17 at 17:40.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast