Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who carries a spare mag for their pocket pistol?

Feedback Score

Who carries a spare mag for their pocket pistol?

And where do you carry spare mags for your pocket pistol?

Same pocket outside the pocket holster? Another pocket? No spare mag at all?

I have some old Makarov belt pouches that will work great for single stack sub-caliber mags. However they are a tad long and will need blocks put down in the bottom to keep the mags from sinking in too far.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It's hard enough for me to carry a concealed handgun let alone extra magazines.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    One (or two) off-body, nearby and one in a front pocket, opposite the handgun.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I always carry a minimum of one extra magazine regardless of a handgun's magazine capacity. I feel it's a good idea to have a fresh magazine on hand when clearing a malfunction. A spare magazine carried in your pocket is better than nothing at all.

I carry the spare magazine(s) where they are accessible primarily by the support hand and capable of being accessed by the strong hand. The Safariland horizontal magazine pouch is easily carried between 1 and 3 O'clock. For vertical carry, I use a Gould and Goodrich B880 1 at the 8 O'clock position.

I have used a Safariland metal clip carrier in the past, but I don't recommend it. It does not protect the magazine and is easily identifiable if the shirt rides up while bending over or reaching for something overhead.

I've been testing the magholder made by these people. http://www.magholder.com/ I am in no way connected with them. I purchased a 1911 magazine holder from them and I am trying it out with my P938.
    Last edited by T2C; 03-20-17 at 08:32.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I always have a spare mag for my primary weapon. Shit happens - be ready for it. Guns and magazines are mechanical. They will fail or we can inadvertently do something to screw them up. Having a backup is crucial. Whenever possible I also carry a BUG for the same reason.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I always carry a spare in my offside pocket for my G43.

Feedback Score
    Usually for me, if I'm carrying in a pocket it's a backup gun (BUG) to some other gun on me.
    I'd usually not carry spare ammo or a mag for the BUG, unless both guns were revolvers that day.
    My "pocket" guns would be my S&W 642, Glock 43, or maybe my S&W 640Pro.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    I always carry a spare in my offside pocket for my G43.
    This...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I always carry a minimum of one extra magazine regardless of a handgun's magazine capacity. I feel it's a good idea to have a fresh magazine on hand when clearing a malfunction. A spare magazine carried in your pocket is better than nothing at all.

I carry the spare magazine(s) where they are accessible primarily by the support hand and capable of being accessed by the strong hand. The Safariland horizontal magazine pouch is easily carried between 1 and 3 O'clock. For vertical carry, I use a Gould and Goodrich B880 1 at the 8 O'clock position.

I have used a Safariland metal clip carrier in the past, but I don't recommend it. It does not protect the magazine and is easily identifiable if the shirt rides up while bending over or reaching for something overhead.

I've been testing the magholder made by these people. http://www.magholder.com/ I am in no way connected with them. I purchased a 1911 magazine holder from them and I am trying it out with my P938.
    SAINTS BE PRAISED- I have wanted a horizontal mag carrier forever..THANKS for the link to this!
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

Who carries a spare mag for their pocket pistol?

I have to be honest, I don't always care my spare mag. I've got a SnagMag and it's pretty bulky in my pocket with my G23 mag. I probably have it 50%-75% of the time though.
    Last edited by officerX; 03-20-17 at 13:33.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast