Thread: Get home bag/ bob related question.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
    One thing I added when the light bulb went off for me, similar to needing to overnight it.

Think about how many miles you would need to cover to get home and if your only option was to walk it.

I threw one of those folding scooters in my trunk. 0 energy expended for downhills, and easier than walking flats or uphills.

Another option is a compact folding bike.

If your path home is greatly shortened by staying off roads and walking as the crow flies, then not an option.
    Probably not a bad idea.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VARIABLE9 View Post
    Probably not a bad idea.
    Well, for me it was a stark realization ... I'm in decent shape, but have rust in one knee and hip. Walking 25 or whatever miles in one day would be a bit of a hail Mary.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have an Osprey day pack that I take in the plane with me packed with survival gear. It also serves as a car/get home pack. It contains a lot of the things already mentioned, but I do rotate some stuff depending on the time of year, and also terrain I will be in, or over. I keep a mini SAS Survival Guide in with it.