Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Any input on stance or anything else?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    I'm taking an advanced pistol class in 12 days. Of all the suggestions in here, what would be the one or two things I should work on pre class? I was thinking trigger control and drawing.....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    You mentioned that you went to a Vickers course, right? I didn't even think to mention it, but did he cover drawing in it?
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Show up with an open mind, don't be afraid to ask questions, don't be afraid to perform below any other students, and take notes during the lectures. Don't just do like most guys and nod your head and forget everything in 5 days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by echo5whiskey View Post
    You mentioned that you went to a Vickers course, right? I didn't even think to mention it, but did he cover drawing in it?
    He did a little. It was more of hand/finger placement and when to flip the safety off. He was more concerned on accuracy and trigger control though. The class I'm going to is his advanced pistol. He is the only instructor that comes up to this part of the world that is within driving distance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If that's the case, why not ask him for his input in between training? Is he approachable for questions like that? I've never taken a course of his, so I wouldn't know.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    If that's the case, why not ask him for his input in between training? Is he approachable for questions like that? I've never taken a course of his, so I wouldn't know.
    He seemed to be, to a point. The class had some serious mouth breathers in it. It was my first class and I didn't want to be "that guy". I feel a lot more comfortable now

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    He seemed to be, to a point. The class had some serious mouth breathers in it. It was my first class and I didn't want to be "that guy". I feel a lot more comfortable now
    Well, hopefully "those guys" will be at more of a minimum in this one. Have fun!

Feedback Score
    Well, hopefully "those guys" will be at more of a minimum in this one. Have fun!
    I am looking forward to it. I'm probably going to be that guy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am looking forward to it. I'm probably going to be that guy

Be "that question guy" by all means! I was referring to the mouth breathers.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I'm probably going to be that guy
    The fact that you actually show a concern for your shooting and have a vested interest in improvement tells me you won't be.

Have fun, take notes, and kick some ass.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Which class are you going to? You seem to be progressing well! Keep it up!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast