Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Freedom. How do you show your appreciation?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Occasionally I will grill in nothing but my boxers just to piss off the n
    I would be careful with that, knew a guy who used to cook in his boxers, one day his dick fell out onto the fry pan. His sausage got sizzled with his bacon.

Anyway, on topic, I celebrate freedom by living my own life, I try not to tell others how to live theirs, I don't act like the media wishes I would, me being a gun owner, conservative, ect, I educate myself with the actual facts of history, what is actually going on, I don't buy into the spin that the mainstream would like me to believe, I don't partake of mainstream music, or movies, or books, and I stay aware of my surroundings, and I prepare for the day that we hope never comes.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Freedom. How do you show your appreciation?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I feel this thread warrants a theme song

Also to homeboy teaching kids, you deserve a medal
    Truth. Most teachers today aren't even teaching - much less one as treasured as the Bill of Rights.

ETA. for me, I wont tout public service. Thats a privilege. I will say that giving back, I try to be excellent to one another.
    I thank you for serving. I've never said that to ya but I did know you were an LEO.

I am also glad Alex is chilling here enjoying tge Red White and Blue instead of BS Eastern Bloc crap
    I cannot relate to living like Alex lived, but I did spend some time on the other side of the wall when The Wall as alive and kicking. It was mind blowing when you got on the East side to look back to the West and see the total transformation. Completely different than when you were in the west looking east... It looked very similar in fact. But once you were on the other side, you were exposed to the truth of communism. I too am glad that Alex is in America now raising his family, contributing, happy and safe, and that his kids are growing up as free people. I'm happy for anyone who has made it out of those places and came here seeking a better life and freedom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 05-10-17 at 23:06.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    While I prefer not to double post I will do so to add this.

I frequent here because I see a lot of men, warriors even, who would stand and fight against odds far beyond their means, beyond even their skill, to protect those who do not have the means or skill to protect themselves. Men who have devoted their lives to war so that others would not need to. Willing to fight to their last breath, to enter into the land of death for that final purpose, for that last mission to protect what is good, and just, and right, even at the cost of their own lives. And not hesitate a second. And embrace it willingly for their brothers, for those who can't protect themselves. We wrap sarcasm, pessimistic, cynicism around ourselves as a shield so that our souls are not poisoned by the lies, the hate, and waste that is around us and precious few understand this, even those closest to use. And yet, we stand, ready to fight, ready to die, for a hope, a dream, a glimmer that those that follow will reap the reward, will look back and learn, and forge a better day, forge something lasting, a world where petty differences are not cause for death. We may be the cynics, the pessimists, but in the end, perhaps we are the greatest optimistic of them all.

A quote from a song, that always spoke to me, perhaps because I always saw myself as winterborn.

And in the fury of this darkest hour
    I will be your light
    A lifetime for this destiny
    For I am Winter born
    And in this moment..I will not run
    It is my place to stand
    We few shall carry hope
    Within our bloodied hands
    And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
    I've lived for these few seconds
    For I am Winter born
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I'd like to think that the act of putting on a badge and carrying a firearm every day (literally everyday because days off don't exist) whilst doing my best to uphold my oath is sufficient, the reality is it's not and as firefly pointed out it's really a privilege and therefore doesn't count.

I need to strive for and do better....

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

Freedom. How do you show your appreciation?

I show my appreciation by exercising my rights. Freedom of religion and the right to bear arms are my 2 favorite ones.

And let me say publicly - to everyone that has served in our armed forces protecting my freedoms, thank you. I have the utmost respect for what you did. Serving in the military wasn't in me so I didn't join but I try to do my part in my little corner.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You know what, not everybody can be military or police due to health age or just being a different person now than in their youth.

Red Cross is doing God's work and are always looking for volunteers or blood.

If you are a member of a church/synagogue: pool money and get a homeless family a room for a week, the man some clothes, and help them find work and get their kids a doctor visit. Or help elderly with yardwork.

Special Olympics is always looking for people and even though the kids are differently abled, they will never forget you. Ever.

If you ever feel like paying it back, there is always a way. That's being an American. Helping others because you want to, not because "Big Brother" forces you to.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    While I prefer not to double post I will do so to add this.

I frequent here because I see a lot of men, warriors even, who would stand and fight against odds far beyond their means, beyond even their skill, to protect those who do not have the means or skill to protect themselves. Men who have devoted their lives to war so that others would not need to. Willing to fight to their last breath, to enter into the land of death for that final purpose, for that last mission to protect what is good, and just, and right, even at the cost of their own lives. And not hesitate a second. And embrace it willingly for their brothers, for those who can't protect themselves. We wrap sarcasm, pessimistic, cynicism around ourselves as a shield so that our souls are not poisoned by the lies, the hate, and waste that is around us and precious few understand this, even those closest to use. And yet, we stand, ready to fight, ready to die, for a hope, a dream, a glimmer that those that follow will reap the reward, will look back and learn, and forge a better day, forge something lasting, a world where petty differences are not cause for death. We may be the cynics, the pessimists, but in the end, perhaps we are the greatest optimistic of them all.

A quote from a song, that always spoke to me, perhaps because I always saw myself as winterborn.

And in the fury of this darkest hour
    I will be your light
    A lifetime for this destiny
    For I am Winter born
    And in this moment..I will not run
    It is my place to stand
    We few shall carry hope
    Within our bloodied hands
    And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
    I've lived for these few seconds
    For I am Winter born

***I found something similar a while back; I have my own take on it, but it makes a point***

With chilling care, my hardships
    Have managed to implant a spirit within me
    One that impels me to point out
    Injustice and wrongdoing

Sp while many strive to have a toil free life
    I spend my time criticizing tyrants,
    And so the spirit of subversion
    Was quickly established within me

Now all I can do is calmly wait
    For cold death to seize me

--Alcaeus of Mytilene 612 BC--
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I've always wondered what makes this forum so different from the others. If I was to say that hypothetically the difference is the "type" of individual - that frequents here and posts here - at the core differences. Not differences in branding. Not even different job description. But that there seems to be a lot of the sheep dog core belief system, that exists regardless of profession. We have IT people who feel the same as LEO's and soldiers (granted we do have a lot of veterans here.). And it seems to me, that every other difference is driven from that in the gut, from the heart "who we are."

Or is that just a stupid musing st 0300, when I should be asleep?

@Kain and @Dienekes - good posts gents.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Chatting with a co-worker today. He lives in Canada. Loves guns. He told me he was working on some dry fire drills with his 1911, with holster. Gets a knock at the door. It's the cops. His next door neighbor saw him practicing through the window and called the cops. He was "cleaning" and decided to "play" a little and so the cop let him off. It's illegal for him to do that. He can only do that sort of thing at the range. His pistol has to be locked up away from the ammo, and only gotten out when at the range. (as he explained it.)

This type of communist backstabbing, neighbor-spying and reporting stuff isn't new. It is invariably creeping closer and closer to our doorstep.

And their is my daily reminder of why I am a misanthropist.

What a twat waffle.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Frailer View Post
    I teach high school students what the Bill of Rights means.
    When I was in high school our senior year the government class was all year long while most others were half the year (bloc program) and was the one class that hurt most student's GPAs and or kept them from walking the stage.

Our government teacher was independently wealthy and didn't need to work. He taught government at both our high school and the local community college. Among other things he was a Veteran Naval Aviator and was close friends with then House Majority Leader Dick Armey and would work for his campaign.

He told me that he taught government to students as way to give back to this great nation that had given him so much. We were close, I really admired that man.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast