Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Put a 320 RX Through its Paces Yet?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Had the Apex Advanced trigger dropped in mine yesterday after dry firing another P320 with one installed at my local dealer. Took it to the range and put another 100 rounds through it today. The new trigger is so much better than the stock one IMO. Other than the battery cap issue, I've had zero issues with it.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon167 View Post
    Little bummed to be reading some of the poor reviews. I think I'll wait it out. I am not in a huge hurry to get an RDS on a pistol; it would've been more of a toy.

So now I can shift my wants to a 320 X-Five (thinking compact). Anyway, there's always the 'next one.'
    As a geezer with declining vision, I have to say that RDS is THE way to go, especially with co-witnessed irons. I have a Trijicon RM 06 on my Compact (along with the Apex trigger that drops the pull weight) and to use the vernacular of the younger folks - it is AWESOME!!!!! 25 yard headshots all day long. Can't wait to get it out at a 100!

OTOH - I now have ~ $1400 in this awesome pistol, and many won't want to do that. FWIW - Trijicon is due to release the next gen optics that are supposedly even more rugged.

john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    As a geezer with declining vision, I have to say that RDS is THE way to go, especially with co-witnessed irons. I have a Trijicon RM 06 on my Compact (along with the Apex trigger that drops the pull weight) and to use the vernacular of the younger folks - it is AWESOME!!!!! 25 yard headshots all day long. Can't wait to get it out at a 100!

OTOH - I now have ~ $1400 in this awesome pistol, and many won't want to do that. FWIW - Trijicon is due to release the next gen optics that are supposedly even more rugged.

john
    The Gen IIs are already out. Who did your slide work?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    What king of 10 shot groups @25yds are you guys seeing with these and/or the x-5?

Please specify if benched or offhand- thanks.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Suarez International did all of the slide milling and installation.

25 yd groups are 2-3" offhand. Using paper plate as target with center hold for symmetry.
    Seventh decade eyes with severe myopia and astigmatism, as well as retinal detachment wih laser spotweld re-attachment on dominant eye.
    In other words - DAMN GREAT grouping for this old fella.

john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Agreed 2-3" groups at 7-10 yards for me as well. Very happy with it. I actually put a deposit on the full size Tac Ops version this past weekend.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Anyone Put a 320 RX Through its Paces Yet?

Well mine is headed back to Sig....

Take down lever is obnoxiously hard to turn. I'm tired of messing with the guide rod, pushing down on the slide, and holding my mouth just right to make it rotate. It shouldn't be a difficult task.

The front sight has also decided it wants to go for walks from edge to edge in the dovetail. You can watch it walk back and forth while firing.

Also the lever that pops up to disengage the striker block stays up when the slide is removed. You have to pry it down with something to allow the slide to get over it. That's is "if" you can get the slide off. As of right now it's stuck on the frame. Finally did the dance and got the lever to turn and now the slide has decided it doesn't need to come off.

The gun has 600rds through it now and is about as useful as a fancy paperweight. Hopefully Sig takes care of it without too much headache. I really had high hopes for this thing, but it's not looking good right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nightstalker865; 07-17-17 at 17:40.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post

Take down lever is obnoxiously hard to turn. I'm tired of messing with the guide rod, pushing down on the slide, and holding my mouth just right to make it rotate. It shouldn't be a difficult task.

The front sight has also decided it wants to go for walks from edge to edge in the dovetail. You can watch it walk back and forth while firing.

Also the lever that pops up to disengage the striker block stays up when the slide is removed. You have to pry it down with something to allow the slide to get over it. That's is "if" you can get the slide off. As of right now it's stuck on the frame. Finally did the dance and got the lever to turn and now the slide has decided it doesn't need to come off.

The gun has 600rds through it now and is about as useful as a fancy paperweight. Hopefully Sig takes care of it without too much headache. I really had high hopes for this thing, but it's not looking good right now.

Recentish purchase or had it for a while?

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Anyone Put a 320 RX Through its Paces Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Recentish purchase or had it for a while?

Purchased in June.

Last edited by Nightstalker865; 07-18-17 at 04:14.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post

The lever is very difficult to turn by hand even after 500-600 rounds or so. I just use the bottom of the magazine to push the lever down. No need for me to send it to sig.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast