Page 37 of 86 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt 6920 Trooper

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Finally got my RMA email yesterday and shipped my rifle back to Colt. Now the clock begins, and it would be really cool if I could have the gun back before Thanksgiving.

The only positive outcome here is that I have a lot of time to really think about how I should outfit this gun as the plan is for it to be my "one rifle."

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Finally got my RMA email yesterday and shipped my rifle back to Colt. Now the clock begins, and it would be really cool if I could have the gun back before Thanksgiving.

The only positive outcome here is that I have a lot of time to really think about how I should outfit this gun as the plan is for it to be my "one rifle."
    LOL.

Colt has had my 6920 for warranty repair since May 25th.

I would’ve just repaired it yourself, but I hope they expedite it since it’s an easy fix and their screw up.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Are you serious? I would be livid if I was in that position.

I'll just buy another one and then sell the RMA one or something whenever it returns if that's the case.

What was wrong with yours?

Feedback Score
    Are you serious? I would be livid if I was in that position.

I'll just buy another one and then sell the RMA one or something whenever it returns if that's the case.

What was wrong with yours?
    If it's the one I'm thinking about, he ran over it with a truck several times and it fell off a cliff. Serious.

Feedback Score

First Impressions

I heard about the Trooper on another forum and when I went to research it, I found this site. I'm glad to be on-board as this appears to be a good forum. This thread, like many others on here, prompted me to order a Trooper. I received mine today (my first Colt), and I figured I'd share my impressions/comments:

- Mine has a "CR" serial number as well. I couldn't care less about the serial number being "LE" so long as the lower is the same material/quality.
    - Mine arrived with quite a few scuff marks no thanks to the plain cardboard box with lack of any type of foam material. Even though the gun was only $700, this is pretty ridiculous. I'd rather scuff up my own gun and $700 is still a good bit of money.
    - The trigger feels better than any mil-spec trigger I've felt. The take-up is crisp and the reset is really short. I haven't measured the weight of the pull, but it feels light. I might not even change this trigger out.
    - I knew it was going to come with the flat trigger-guard, but think an "enhanced" one should be standard.
    - I think the rail is fine. It seems solid and for my purposes I see no need to ever change it out.
    - The barrel almost seems to be coated. Maybe it's just an abundance of oil, but most barrels on other ARs are not black and shiny like this one. The finish seems slick as compared to say a DD barrel (again, maybe just the oil)
    - Overall, it looks to be very solid for the money.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by magister View Post
    If it's the one I'm thinking about, he ran over it with a truck several times and it fell off a cliff. Serious.
    It isn't be covered by warranty, but maybe they'll make an exception.
    Colt > BCM

Feedback Score

Return time on my recently submitted Colt Expanse SOCOM was just over 8 weeks. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    Abundance of oil preservative is the coating you're seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by albatros43 View Post
    I heard about the Trooper on another forum and when I went to research it, I found this site. I'm glad to be on-board as this appears to be a good forum. This thread, like many others on here, prompted me to order a Trooper. I received mine today (my first Colt), and I figured I'd share my impressions/comments:

- Mine has a "CR" serial number as well. I couldn't care less about the serial number being "LE" so long as the lower is the same material/quality.
    - Mine arrived with quite a few scuff marks no thanks to the plain cardboard box with lack of any type of foam material. Even though the gun was only $700, this is pretty ridiculous. I'd rather scuff up my own gun and $700 is still a good bit of money.
    - The trigger feels better than any mil-spec trigger I've felt. The take-up is crisp and the reset is really short. I haven't measured the weight of the pull, but it feels light. I might not even change this trigger out.
    - I knew it was going to come with the flat trigger-guard, but think an "enhanced" one should be standard.
    - I think the rail is fine. It seems solid and for my purposes I see no need to ever change it out.
    - The barrel almost seems to be coated. Maybe it's just an abundance of oil, but most barrels on other ARs are not black and shiny like this one. The finish seems slick as compared to say a DD barrel (again, maybe just the oil)
    - Overall, it looks to be very solid for the money.
    Last edited by hollowpoint2003; 10-12-17 at 14:45.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowpoint2003 View Post
    Return time on my recently submitted Colt Expanse SOCOM was just over 8 weeks. Good luck.
    Wow. Anybody want to buy a brand new 6920 Trooper roundabout mid December?

I have an Aimpoint PRO, BUIS, light mount, and sling sitting here waiting on this rifle.

I might just return all that jazz and order a 6720 and a DD rear sight. That's literally a net zero proposition.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowpoint2003 View Post
    Abundance of oil preservative is the coating your seeing.
    Thanks!

Page 37 of 86 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast