Page 209 of 256 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2556

Thread: Watches

Feedback Score
    hahaha thats awesome.
    idk really that much about them but would have bought a used marathon on the cheap.

grumble grumble now i'll just go buy another tuna...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    It's the Condor or 5.11 of watches, catered to tactical mall ninjas. Same with LumTec.

I probably hurt some feelings saying that.

I guess the same could go for Luminox (I do have one) or any other brand geared towards the .mil community?!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Tactical watch hipster says, "Luminox was catering to the tactical mall ninjas before Marathon or LumTec were cool."

Say what you want about the thing though, I've had it for like 16 years and treated it like a beater the whole time and its still going strong. Not a scratch on the sapphire crystal either.
    Last edited by TF82; 10-03-17 at 20:12.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TF82 View Post
    Tactical watch hipster says, "Luminox was catering to the tactical mall ninjas before Marathon or LumTec were cool."

Say what you want about the thing though, I've had it for like 16 years and treated it like a beater the whole time and its still going strong. Not a scratch on the sapphire crystal either.
    Same here. Had an original Seal watch thingie for many moons. Beat the bejeebers out of it and it just kept going.

Feedback Score
    It's the Condor or 5.11 of watches, catered to tactical mall ninjas. Same with LumTec.

I probably hurt some feelings saying that.
    There are innumerable ODA guys, etc. perfectly wearing their Marathons they were issued or statement of charges on over a very long period of time.

I see a big difference between those and the, let’s pretend these are a seal / SOF brands.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I grouped them all into the same category: tactical watches.

Just because something is military issued, doesn't make it good. The Army and the Sig M17 being an example.

This is only my opinion, who gives a damn what I have to say; especially in horology. Buy whatever watch that makes you happy. Don't forget the 5.11 button shirt, cargo pants and Merrell's to complete the outfit.

For those in the market to buy a Marathon, check out Sinn watches. Or not.

Feedback Score
    I grouped them all into the same category: tactical watches.

Just because something is military issued, doesn't make it good. The Army and the Sig M17 being an example.

This is only my opinion, who gives a damn what I have to say; especially in horology. Buy whatever watch that makes you happy. Don't forget the 5.11 button shirt, cargo pants and Merrell's to complete the outfit.

For those in the market to buy a Marathon, check out Sinn watches. Or not.
    Speaking of Sinn, my H1 is a mess and needs fixed. The bezel now rotates both ways (this is the second time this has happened) and now the face of the watch has come lose from its fixed position inside the watch and now moves around making it look like the watch is in different positions and different times and such. By face I mean the inside face that has the hour markers and branding. Is it recommended I talk directly in conjunction with Sinn or should I see about a local shop?

Thanks, and I have had this watch probably for about 8 or 9 years. I have had had my Marathon for a year or two longer and other than having to add some color in the top indexing point on the chapter ring/bezel and change battery, it has been great.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

Put a cheap NATO/early Bond style strap and it's on my wrist. If you enlarge the picture, you can see the battle scars from over 45 years. Seiko made some tough watches.
    Very cool watch and got me looking at Seiko divers as I need something new. Despite kinda being into watches when I was younger, the NATO strap is new discovery for me. So until I get around to buying a new watch, my two current watches were both in need of new straps, I decided to pick up a couple. Glad I started paying attention to this thread.

Cheers.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I really like the Omega Seamaster Bond edition with a nato strap. Just didn't realize how expensive they were.

Any of you guys hit Patpong St, pick me up a replica. TIA

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fringe View Post
    Speaking of Sinn, my H1 is a mess and needs fixed. The bezel now rotates both ways (this is the second time this has happened) and now the face of the watch has come lose from its fixed position inside the watch and now moves around making it look like the watch is in different positions and different times and such. By face I mean the inside face that has the hour markers and branding. Is it recommended I talk directly in conjunction with Sinn or should I see about a local shop?

Thanks, and I have had this watch probably for about 8 or 9 years. I have had had my Marathon for a year or two longer and other than having to add some color in the top indexing point on the chapter ring/bezel and change battery, it has been great.
    Just seeing this...

Are you sure it’s a legit Sinn? Did you buy it from an AD?

Page 209 of 256 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219 ... LastLast