Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: HUGE layoffs at Daniel Defense

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I still just do not understand who is buying DDs at $1700+ a pop - and why?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    No compete contracts are just that. The hiring company doesn't want an employee to come in, learn the business and leave to start his own company doing the same thing. It has nothing to do with an ex employee getting a job doing the same thing for another company. Throughout this thread I sensed many of the accusations of foul play were coming from labor union advocates. Both Ga and SC are right to work states. If you don't like that stay up north and keep your pro union views up there. Just because a man gets a job doesn't mean it is guaranteed forever. Shit happens.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Trivia: Brownells just added DD flattop and FSP SOPMOD-II M4 uppers for $875 on preorder. In tandem with the $750 Mk18 Mod 1 flattop, that's three out of the six... just leaving Mk 18 FSP and the two GL-SSC's.
    That first round got down to $675 with the right coupon code. If this keeps up, it'll provide a nice reset for the secondary market on those damn rails everybody's so proud of.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I certainly paid several hundred dollars less for my M4V7 some years ago. I bought the DD M4V7 because of the great reviews here at the time and the relative expense but nonavailability of any 6920's that were being advertised.
    It's relative, we were in some rather bad times, my only other AR was a good, but Frankenbuild carbine.
    The money was at hand, I was flush, Colt was nowhere to be found, so...?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    No compete contracts are just that. The hiring company doesn't want an employee to come in, learn the business and leave to start his own company doing the same thing. It has nothing to do with an ex employee getting a job doing the same thing for another company. Throughout this thread I sensed many of the accusations of foul play were coming from labor union advocates. Both Ga and SC are right to work states. If you don't like that stay up north and keep your pro union views up there. Just because a man gets a job doesn't mean it is guaranteed forever. Shit happens.
    My Grandfather was a Tool and Die/ Machinist for Dana Transmission. He learned an awful lot of Dana specific information while working there. When he came in with an improved linkage he had designed at home and on his own time, they rewarded him very,very well.
    Imagine had he walked and sold the idea to Porsche or Daimler Benz?

Feedback Score
    I paid a bit under 1500 for mine about a month ago. Still more than it probably would have been a couple years back, but it didn't seem horribly high to me. It was less than other LGSes were asking.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Same reason I bought a HD Street Glide instead of a Honda F6B @ 3,000.00 cheaper.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I'm from kind of the North, but I'm not particularly pro-union. They had their time and place, but, from my perspective that era has pretty much ended.

Nonetheless, I've always wondered why they call it a 'right to work state' instead of a 'fire at will state.'

Another aspect of non-compete is, for example, if I buy your Pizza Chain, I probably want to make sure you don't start another one to compete with me for a couple years - Pizza Hut and Papa John's.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Just look at the other threads here about Brownells clearancing DD uppers and now colt lowers. I think this is insight into why DD has the layoffs. Stale sells due to overspending of the market after the last few years events and overproduction for expected election results.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steyrman13 View Post
    Just look at the other threads here about Brownells clearancing DD uppers and now colt lowers. I think this is insight into why DD has the layoffs. Stale sells due to overspending of the market after the last few years events and overproduction for expected election results.
    Very stale.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast