Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Valmet 62/S - Need help with value

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    The RK 95 certainly wasn't produced to the extent of the M 62. Regrettably so. We would have loved to have them over here.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

Bret, again congrats man. That is with out a doubt one of the finest Kalashnikov varients and a hell of a good deal. I love Finnish rifles.

Check with Numrich from time to time, they will get Finnish mags in. I bought my last M90 (no lanyard loop) mags from them a few months back.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the tip. I do have a bunch of the green Finnish waffle magazines that I bought a couple of years ago when they were available. What I'd really like is a 5rd or 10rd Finnish magazine so the rifle will take up less vertical room on the wall. Is there such a thing?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by armakraut View Post
    The RK 95 certainly wasn't produced to the extent of the M 62. Regrettably so. We would have loved to have them over here.
    Scalewise we are talking about 300 000 RK62's vs 30 000 RK95's. But RK95's were in full scale producton for years and I do think there is a considerable amount of them around. Many FDF units are equipped with them.

1986 AWB is the reason you don't have them around, not production numbers.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    89 bush ban.

Sako probably could have weaseled in some thumbhole sporters in if they were inclined like the Chinese did with mak-90's.

I don't blame them though, when the ban hit a lot of overseas manufacturers were stuck with crate loads of their rifles in bonded warehouses waiting to pass customs. They didn't want to chance further losses.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    After thumbhole sporters were banned by Clinton I'm 99% sure that the Chinese also used the remaining long NHM-91 barrels in some of the RK 56's they made for Finland.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by armakraut View Post
    89 bush ban.
    Thanks for the correction.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    34 national firearms act put a $200 tax and required registration of machine guns

68 gun control act banned imports of small pistols and machine guns (except dealer samples)

86 firearm owner "protection" act banned new MG registrations for "ordinary" citizens

89 bush executive order banned semi auto "military" configuration imports

Clinton later issued an executive order banning standard capacity imports

Bush signed an executive order banning imports of standard capacity receivers and threaded barrels as "replacement" parts

I hope all those bastards burn in hell with their commie rat fellow travelers.

Feedback Score
    Congrats, nice purchase!

Not the most ergonomic rifle compared to an AR15 for example, but usually quite accurate and extremely reliable.

I was issued 3 different rifles during my national service, zero malfunctions in those and I do not recall a single malfunction in the other rifles in our platoon either, be that blanks or live ammo.

And we shot much more than the other units on our base.

Feedback Score
    Let's jump to 2017... similar weapon with bayo and sling, $7,100. OUCH!!!!

Noveske Light Recce/AAC M4-2000 mod 08
    Noveske 7.5" VLTOR VIS Diplomat
    LWRC 10.5" gas piston upper with Blackout FH
    Walther P22/Tac Quest
    H&K Tactical Compact .45/AAC Evolution 45
    H&K P2000 .40 Duty
    KEL-TEC SU22 Semi Auto .22 rifle/threaded

Next project: Some sort of machine gun...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast