Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Eotech still a no-go or?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That may actually force me to buy one without even a rifle for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Who said you had to have a rifle for it first?!?

Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...2-0-for-356-11

The code probably won't work anymore, but they have 10% codes all the time. I have a few 10% codes I got from someone over on TOS that I can forward to a few people if there is interest. PM if interested.
    Good deal. Sharing is caring! Thanks brother

Like pictures of guns, dogs, and trucks? Me too. Let's be friends, or not, whatever you want to do. Just an option
    Instagram

Psalm 140:4
    Profile pic by 556 Productions

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...4C-Style-Guide

Quote Originally Posted by VALG17 View Post
    Well, that proves it. EOTECH is awesome because you shot a dude using one.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That may actually force me to buy one without even a rifle for it.

I don’t have a home for the EOTech either, just do it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just delivered. Packaged beautifully. Very pleased the manufacture date is 10/25/17. This thing is a newborn and all the issues, real or perceived, history. Nice tight fit on the rail. Built like a tank. Image is super cool to look through.

Will zero on Saturday. Initially very happy. Already submitted for the rebate. $477.99.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VALG17 View Post
    Well, that proves it. EOTECH is awesome because you shot a dude using one.

That is probably helluva lot more than you've ever done with a rifle (or perhaps in general), unless you care to share your experiences.

Forum / Internet lore is only meaningful to members of that particular tribe. Maybe folks should come up for air now and again, and shoot their rifles a bit, look around, talk to some folks that actually go out into the world hunting armed men, and see what's what. Point of fact, a man who has kitted up and hunted armed men was just posting about the quality and reliability of this optic, which this forum--and many others around the internet--constantly repeat nonsensical shibboleths about.

And before anyone starts yammering about 'but but but they use what they are issued', there are plenty of folks that have their pick of the litter when it comes to what optics to run on their guns. Looking at the arms rooms of various units, one might see a trend: Eotechs with magnifiers on the Mk18s, and LPVOs on the other rifles.

An Aimpoint T1/T2/Pro/CompM4/5 etc. are fantastic gunsights. I personally use a Trijicon MRO (gasp!) on my carbine, and it has done just fine thus far.

Honestly, this whole question has been settled. The debate is moot. You either have a use for a 65 MOA ring with dot on an essentially zero parallax, zero lateral offset, high visibility, bombproof gunsight... or you don't. Is Eotech better than an Aimpoint? I honestly couldn't give a shit. I'd have to have each optic mounted on their own rifle, and then run those rifles into the very earth at varying engagement distances, using barricades & cover, on the move, in low / no light, with NODs & lasers, stacked up with a team, etc. to be able to weigh on which I thought was superior and why. Luckily, guys like GTF425 have already done that, and so I can choose to learn from their experience.

Were there documented problems? Yes. Were they addressed? Yes. Are there new model numbers out to reflect those changes? Yes. Have armed professionals gone headlong into gunfights with the previous versions? Yes. Do they go into gunfights currently with the new versions? Yes.

Can we move on, now?
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 11-16-17 at 14:14. Reason: grammar / usage

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Just delivered. Packaged beautifully. Very pleased the manufacture date is 10/25/17. This thing is a newborn and all the issues, real or perceived, history. Nice tight fit on the rail. Built like a tank. Image is super cool to look through.

Will zero on Saturday. Initially very happy. Already submitted for the rebate. $477.99.
    Happy for you Butch I’m sure you’re going to enjoy it.

What’s your plans for zeroing? Distance wise?

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    What a great post by Brother AC. Thanks for for the reminder my bro.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Happy for you Butch I’m sure you’re going to enjoy it.

What’s your plans for zeroing? Distance wise?

25 yards because that's what I am limited to unless I pay or drive a long distance. Besides, that will give me POA/POI for any distance I plan on shooting. Most all my trigger time is 100 yards or less. Mostly less. That fact was another reason why I chose to get this optic over an LPV.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    That is probably helluva lot more than you've ever done with a rifle (or perhaps in general), unless you care to share your experiences.

Forum / Internet lore is only meaningful to members of that particular tribe. Maybe folks should come up for air now and again, and shoot their rifles a bit, look around, talk to some folks that actually go out into the world hunting armed men, and see what's what. Point of fact, a man who has kitted up and hunted armed men was just posting about the quality and reliability of this optic, which this forum--and many others around the internet--constantly repeat nonsensical shibboleths about.

And before anyone starts yammering about 'but but but they use what they are issued', there are plenty of folks that have their pick of the litter when it comes to what optics to run on their guns. Looking at the arms rooms of various units, one might see a trend: Eotechs with magnifiers on the Mk18s, and LPVOs on the other rifles.

An Aimpoint T1/T2/Pro/CompM4/5 etc. are fantastic gunsights. I personally use a Trijicon MRO (gasp!) on my carbine, and it has done just fine thus far.

Honestly, this whole question has been settled. The debate is moot. You either have a use for a 65 MOA ring with dot on an essentially zero parallax, zero lateral offset, high visibility, bombproof gunsight... or you don't. Is Eotech better than an Aimpoint? I honestly couldn't give a shit. I'd have to have each optic mounted on their own rifle, and then run those rifles into the very earth at varying engagement distances, using barricades & cover, on the move, in low / no light, with NODs & lasers, stacked up with a team, etc. to be able to weigh on which I thought was superior and why. Luckily, guys like GTF425 have already done that, and so I can choose to learn from their experience.

Were there documented problems? Yes. Were they addressed? Yes. Are there new model numbers out to reflect those changes? Yes. Have armed professionals gone headlong into gunfights with the previous versions? Yes. Do they go into gunfights currently with the new versions? Yes.

Can we move on, now?
    Standing O brother.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post

can i haz reentrance to membership with the eotech masterrace?
    Why do you have it mounted on a laptop

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast